Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2010, 03:44 PM  
Moderated

OMAHA, NEBRASKA
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I may just have to make the trip a reality this season.
Any better deals on tickets locally than through internet sites?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 AM  

Detroit, Michigan
If you would like to stay near Joe Louis Arena, look in to the
. It is fairly new, two block's walk to The Joe, and it is beautiful. A friend of mine was in from LA (he is an expatriate Detroiter), and his company put him up there. It is also convenient to the nearby bars, most notably Cobo Joe's, The Post Bar, and The Anchor Bar.

If you like a large and varied beer selection, and/or German food, you will definitely want to hit the aforementioned Jacoby's wile you are in town, which is easily accessible by the aforementioned People Mover. Cabs are relatively cheap, too. Detroit cab rates are comparatively high, but the relevant distances downtown are pretty short, which tend to offset that.

As far as tickets are concerned, I don't have much insight there. I can tell you that the Wings dropped to 97+% attendance last year. That was third best in the NHL. On a game night, the Joe is often filled to capacity (which is only a hair over 20,000). I don't know how they are doing this year in that regard, but, depending on who they are playing, it might be safest to make sure you have tickets squared away before you get into town.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 AM  

Sinbads restaurant was always a good bet, I think they have a shuttle on game nights too.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:20 PM  

I second the Slow's suggestion. Excellent beers, excellent food, excellent service.

Michigan Avenue in the Corktown district. Southwest of the old ballpark at Michigan and Trumbull.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:33 PM  

Atwater Block Brewery

Another great place is Atwater Block Brewery. They closed the restaurant but the beer is still available in the brewery. I would call the brewery at 313-877-9205, but the current hours are 4-10PM Wed - Sat.

You'll find a cool picture of the mastermind here:

Brewery | Atwater Brewery
Old 12-28-2010, 04:33 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Detroit Beer co. is pretty awesome. Sometimes I wished I lived back in Detroit area so I could catch some games. I guess I'll just have to watch on TV
Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 AM  

Detroit, Michigan
Atwater is an excellent brewery. Where very few micro-breweries do much, if anything, with lager styles, Atwater actually specializes in them.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.