Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 03:21 PM  

Atlanta, GA
5 Guys is alright for fast food franchise....but it's not how I think a proper burger should be. I like a big juicy...red in the center...burger. In Atlanta, I have a 5 Guys a couple blocks from me...but I'd rather make a trip out to The Vortex or Corner Tavern if I'm looking for a good burger. When I'm in DC, I like District Chophouse for good beef.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:46 PM  

MD
Sorry I just don't get the fascination with Five Guys, and In and Out (West Coast) for that matter. Going to find Hell Burger

Old 12-30-2010, 02:41 AM  

APO, AE
Good stuff x2!!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I've never been to Hellburger,but I have been to 5 guys and their burgers are awesome.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:52 AM  

Tampa, Florida
Always loved Five Guys when I lived in the DC area, when I moved down to Tampa I nearly ran off the road when I passed one. I never realized that they were down here, needless to say I stopped and grabbed a bag of fries and burger
Old 01-04-2011, 10:45 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Recently they opened a 5 guys here in Albuquerque. Unfortunately itis half way across town. But at least if I am in that area I can get a burger and fries.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM  

DC, DC
I'll put my vote in for Elevation Burger in the National Harbor...(close enough to DC)..

Grass-fed beef, natural cheddar cheese, fries cooked in olive oil, and shakes and malts that just plain rock. Much better than 5-guys (decent burgers, but grease-ball fries).

My two cents....

JB
Old 02-05-2011, 08:50 AM  

Southern MD, Maryland
matter of distance......

i think the reason for the 5 guys liking is a matter of convenience. in my case, arlington is a pita to get to from work or home. you are only allowed a short distance out of our first due area in NW, so we have two 5 guys, dupont circle and irving st. plus they give a good firefighter/paramedic discount, hence you may say, a little bit bias'ed. even at home 5 guys is on my doorstep. maybe one day Ray's...one day.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Bookmark this Page!