Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 01:27 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit The District of Columbia

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your "State"?
Thanks

Old 09-22-2010, 01:59 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
There's tons of stuff to do in DC. I don't live there, but I've been there a number of times. There's tons of historical things to see, of course - but that's just kind of a given. I remember, once I went there as a kid and felt so important to be in our nation's capitol haha.

I don't know much about the nightlife and such, but I do know that there's plenty to see in our capitol.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-22-2010, 09:20 PM  

Bowling green, VA
There are a lot of museums and monuments to visit... my family and I go every 4th of July for the fireworks.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:57 PM  

Baltimore, Maryland
Go to a Caps game!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:16 PM  

New Orleans, LA
Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, downtown and Dulles locations. Nothing else like it in the world. Many artifacts from the American Century, invented and made in USA: Wright Bros "Wright Flyer," Enola Gay (real) & Little Boy (training replica), SR-71 Blackbird, multiple moon capsules, space shuttle.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:19 PM  

New Orleans, LA
Chocolate Handwich: espresso chocolate chip ice cream between 2 housemade chocolate chip cookies & frozen hard. Food Matters, 4906 Brenman Park Drive, Alexandria, VA 22304 at Cameron Station
Old 10-07-2010, 05:38 PM  

Gardner, MA
So when I lived in MD I was in DC wayyyy to often... The Swedish Embassy is sick. The front door is a waterfall. Go check it out! Also, if your into local theater, DC is definitely one of the hot spots. Some awesome shows are always playing. Im not talking just the classics, I mean freshly written shows that range from the cute to the gawdy. Plus my sister lives there... shes the sh*t.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:38 PM  

Churchton, Maryland
I live in Maryland but work in downtown DC, a block from the White House. I work nights and evenings so I dont deal with the traffic so I can honestly say I love the ride to and from work. I get to see so much of our nations history and landmarks everyday and it really never gets old for me. And having lived and worked here my entire life, I still havent seen everything there is to see. You definatly will not come to DC and not have things to see or do. You might even run into a presidential motorcade or the queen of Englands motorcade or the pope-mobile. There's always someone important running around.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:52 PM  

Washington DC, Maryland
The cool thing about DC is that most of the museums are FREE!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:55 AM  

mount airy, nc
spend a couple days at the smithsonian and see everything. I wish I had when I went. It's so much trouble to get in and out of washington you better do it all when you do go cause you may not want to do that trip but once. The statues at the war memorials are creepy. They stand about a foot taller than people and look like they are in a wet jungle. Really makes you think about it. don't go to the capital. you stand outside forever and then there's really not much to see inside.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Bookmark this Page!