Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 08:03 AM  

Frederick, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotmist View Post
The cool thing about DC is that most of the museums are FREE!
This is true. Theres also a lot of monuments that are nice to walk through like the vietnam wall, the FDR memorial, etc. They sometimes do cool things on the national mall too. I heard the spy museum is pretty cool to go to and participate in you do like a detective thing.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:01 PM  

Volo, IL
Where is the spy museum? Do you have to know the password?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:45 PM  

Harrisonburg, VA
you've got to visit Churchkey
Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 AM  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
DC is an awesome place to visit. I've been there a few times for work, I love going.

The Metro is incredible, you can go anywhere in the city for cheap (altho, hang on when you're on the escalators...) Bus system is pretty user friendly as well.

only issue is that it is a pretty pricey place to visit, especially if you're staying right in town. for hotels i'd recommend staying in crystal city, easy access to the metro.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:58 PM  

IL
Bilbo Baggins in Old Town, for that matter Old Town.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:57 PM  

Washington, DC, District of Columbia
9:30 Club. Best rock club in the east, maybe in the country.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:40 AM  

Schenectady, NY
I'm not a DC resident, but I'm a lifelong fan and visit as frequently as possible. The city has nearly endless opportunities for fun for all ages.

Kids: The national Zoo and Smithsonians are free and fantasitc.
Young adults (older kids): Soak up the history with the national monuments and the seats of our government institutions. The Spy museaum, The burearu of Engraving and Printing, The Holocost Museum are all good as well.
Over 21: This town has GREAT nightlife. DC is a very young and professional city. Lots of cool bars and clubs. Good public transportation so you don't have to drive!
Beyond the "over 21" scene (like me): Great restaurants with lots of international choices, cultural events, concerts, sporting events.

If you've never been there, DC is really a must-see.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:08 AM  

Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoldjeep View Post
spend a couple days at the smithsonian and see everything. I wish I had when I went. It's so much trouble to get in and out of washington you better do it all when you do go cause you may not want to do that trip but once. The statues at the war memorials are creepy. They stand about a foot taller than people and look like they are in a wet jungle. Really makes you think about it. don't go to the capital. you stand outside forever and then there's really not much to see inside.
Some bad advice here, no offense. It's not a huge trouble to get in or out if you are visiting from away, stay at a hotel near a metro line in MD, Va, or DC or one with a shuttle and the metro will take you anywhere you need to go.

Creepy statues aside, you won't have to wait outside for the capital tour if you set it up with your congressman or senator. The private tours are much better than the standard visitor center tours, good guides will even take you off limits places. The Capital is an amazing building i've been on about 4-5 tours of it and find something new each time.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:10 AM  

Washington DC, VA
There is good nightlife around UStreet and in Adams Morgan, museums are free you can visit two states Virginia and Maryland by just hopping on the metro so that will increase the places you get to see on your trip.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:34 PM  

To see the lights during Christmas.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.