Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2010, 07:13 AM  

Baltimore, Maryland
So, who commutes in and who lives here?

I get a feeling that I'm missing out a lot on what DC has to offer because I commute in on the MARC train and really only get out for lunch once a week. Is this the same experience for most people posting in this forum? Or are y'all locals?

Old 11-18-2010, 11:27 AM  

San Francisco, CA
I commute in from San Francisco. Between the commute and work, that usually leaves me too tired to enjoy the city.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:58 AM  

Washington, DC, Maryland
I am a commuter as well. I live in Germantown, MD. Takes me almost an hour and 15 minutes on the metro to get to work.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:06 PM  

Washington DC, DC
Live on capitol hill and love it. Only real complaint is a lack of a historical ethnic food neighborhoods. DC has the best Ethiopian food in the country but no real Italian area, or Indian area etc. For that i have to go to VA.

But from things like plays, concerts, shows, art, etc. Its one of the best.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:48 AM  

Washington, DC
I live in Brookland. Lived in Hyattsville previously, but moved into the city to shorten the commute and I love it. Always plenty to do and it's easy to get around, although since the kids have come along they tend to drive my activities now.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:25 PM  

Washington, DC
I live in Old Town now, but used to live in Cleveland park. Im sorry that I moved because I loved my old neighborhood.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 PM  

Southern MD, Maryland
i commute from southern MD, but have a house in clinton also, so i stay there during the week. i hang out with co-workers in adams morgan. ita neighborhood with flavors of the world.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:13 PM  

Washington, DC
I "commute" from Alexandria, but really, its all part of the DMV.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:46 AM  

San Rafael, CA
I used to commute in from Alexandria as well, until I moved in with my gf, and ended up in Cleveland Park. Have to say, I did get out and enjoyed the bars a lot more once I was living in town - it's a much better scene when you're a 10 minute walk from a metro stop, and it's only three stops to downtown.

Now I live in California, in pseudo suburbia, and never go anywhere... sigh...
Old 12-10-2010, 07:36 AM  

mechanicsville, maryland
i commute in from southern md and it takes me about 1 hour to about 1hour 15 min sometimes

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.