Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 01:05 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Favorite Spots by Duluth

I'll start it off with all the Light Houses and Gooseberry Falls.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:29 PM  

smithfield, utah
Until recently, I have lived across the bay (in superior) and I have always loved to do stuff in duluth. Lots of great resturants, bay tours, you can go out on Canal Park and watch all the huge freighters come through the canal into the bay. Nice place.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:33 PM  

Duluth, MN
Don't have any yet but I'm new to duluth so I'm rather interested in what people are saying in this thread.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 AM  

MN
Check out Fitger?s Brewhouse, Fitger's Brewhouse
Old 11-30-2010, 11:47 AM  

Iowa
Took the family there this summer, Grandma's had good food. Picked up some stout from local brewery too. Not to bad.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:06 PM  

Duluth, MN
Where to find the most important meal of the day

Best breakfast in Duluth is Duluth Grill. Duluth Grill

Ridiculous portions of fresh food including Huevos Rancheros and Biscuits and Gravy to help start the day, or put you in a food coma. Perhaps a slightly higher entry price at ~$10 an item, but if you eat it all and survive you've probably got the most out of your money.

If you're downtown also check out Uncle Louis Cafe. A small cafe with a big college following for weekend breakfast. Pro diner service and hashbrowns that cannot be topped.

Finally, if you find your self out west check out the
A quaint little breakfast joint with a laid back atmosphere, nice people and unbelievable omlettes.

Remember, Perkins is only really good at 2am when the bars close. Because Duluth has no good late night eateries
Old 12-03-2010, 09:55 AM  

Duluth, MN
Duluth has a lot of great music and musicians. If you get a chance check out Charlie Parr. He often plays on Wednesday nights at Fitger's Brewhouse. Otherwise there are many other locations to find great local music including: Pizza Luce, Beaners, Amazing Grace, Sir Benedicts, Clyde Iron Works or many other locations around Duluth and Superior. If you get to Superior check out the Thirsty Pagen (great Pizza).
Old 12-03-2010, 04:33 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
If you ever want to get a hotel in Duluth, I suggest the Edgewater hotel just off the freeway. It's right next to a Perkins, and you can rent a bicycle and ride the trail down to Canal Park. Plus it's not as expensive as the hotels on Canal Park.

Canal Park does rock, and if you can try to get near the channel when a freighter is coming into or exiting the harbor. Also stand under the bridge as it lowers, it's a fun experience.

Gooseberry falls are a blast to go to, since you can walk and swim in the river downstream from the falls. You'll pass through Two Harbors to get there, and I suggest stopping by the water near the ore docks. A quick jump north of Gooseberry is Split Rock Lighthouse, which has a great tour and has a long stairway that brings you down to the water with an excellent view of the lighthouse.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:25 AM  

Kabetogama, Minnesota
Voyageurs National Park

Check out Voyageurs National Park-

More info can be found here-Voyageurs National Park
Old 12-08-2010, 10:34 AM  

Duluth, Minnesota
spirit mountain is fun if you enjoy skiing. chester bowl is fun to walk around in during the summer and fall.

the ice shack just off the beach behind the hotels is fun on a hot day when the water is moving in the right direction. and park point beach is probably the best beach in mn.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads