Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Eastern North Carolina
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2011, 12:29 PM  

firefighter, I expect it is like going to walmart, you never leave empty handed!
I actually need some tow hooks for my 06 Trailblazer and they are expensive if you get them as a dealer item, I expect at a pick n pull I could get them for $20 or so.

If they are really reasonable that trailblazer has rearend with a factory locker in it that I might would be interested in as well. The next time I plan to go up that way I might have to take a look around. I was just up there yesterday but didn't have time to stop.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:19 AM  

Dublin, nc
Yea I always find something when I go to yards but usually its stuff that is small

Old 02-25-2011, 05:44 AM  

Greenville, SC
I really like the LKQ Selfserve here in Greenville SC. You can get some good stuff pretty cheap. Sometimes they have 50% off days too. As far as the prices on the website, they have been pretty accurate, you just have to add the core if you don't have one. I got a Nissan pathfinder swingout rear tire carrier on 50% off day with all the latching hardware and everything for $11. Can't beat that. Got a 2 speed electric fan for I think about $20 on normal pricing.... I like it, and would recommend it.

One thing though, I was getting the lid only off of a center console (50% off day) and they charged me $10 because it was 1/2 the price of an entire console. That kind of sucked.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:59 PM  

good to know. $10 still isn't bad. On full price day though I might would have told them to keep it to see if they come down.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:05 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbordea View Post
good to know. $10 still isn't bad. On full price day though I might would have told them to keep it to see if they come down.
Yeah, I agree.... I didn't know I paid for an entire console until I left and looked at the receipt. I was buying a bunch of other stuff (like the tire carrier) and so I didn't notice because overall the price was cheap.
I like it though. And if you need an engine, there are usually folks (that don't work there) that will pull an engine for a small fee.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:23 PM  

I went to the LKQ in Clayton/Garner yesterday, they have a big lot but didn't have the vehicle I needed. they also had a lot with cars that hadn't been picked yet but you couldn't get in that gate.

I might go back when I have more time.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:27 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
I went to the LKQ in Clayton/Garner yesterday, they have a big lot but didn't have the vehicle I needed. they also had a lot with cars that hadn't been picked yet but you couldn't get in that gate.

I might go back when I have more time.
The ones in the gate aren't ready for the yard. I think that those are the ones that still need fluids drained, batteries removed, etc... I also think that they take some of the BEST parts off the newer vehicles and sell them online as already pulled parts (more expensive). So the newer cars are going to be hard to find there. I mean REALLY new cars. I have a hard time finding parts for Toyota pickups.... If you have something really common like a F-150 or bronco then parts are generally all over the place...
Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 AM  

that makes sense, that is why on the way in you see all those alloy rims at the front for sale. The bad part is they have no idea of vehicles on the lot so you have to pay to find out they don't have a car you can use.

I didn't even look for jeep parts, I expect they would have a lot of jeeps.
I saw a lot of s10s though with the wheels off, jacked up where it would be
"easy" to get those springs to build a bastard pack for a jeep (XJ).
Old 04-04-2011, 09:19 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
that makes sense, that is why on the way in you see all those alloy rims at the front for sale. The bad part is they have no idea of vehicles on the lot so you have to pay to find out they don't have a car you can use.

I didn't even look for jeep parts, I expect they would have a lot of jeeps.
I saw a lot of s10s though with the wheels off, jacked up where it would be
"easy" to get those springs to build a bastard pack for a jeep (XJ).
When I go it seems that they have TONS of cherokees. I have never seen a Wrangler out there... I have gotten the e-fan, tirecarrier (pathfinder), 4,0 throttle body, and some steelies... When I was doing my posi lock I wanted to find the e-brake setup from a Toyota as the pull cable.. If you scour the yard you can find some gems sometimes.. I saw some guy pulling a full set of aftermarket GM whiteface guages out of a monte carlo. He had a chevelle or something he was going to put them in. Good find.
At some other similar p&p yard I saw some guys pulling a 350 crate motor out of a t-boned Jaguar! Not a bad find either..
Old 04-05-2011, 01:48 PM  

I expect the Cash for Clunkers program killed a lot of Cherokees. The Wranglers are still really popular and hold their value very well.
Too bad they had to pour that chemical into the engine to kill it. Those 4.0s are really good engines.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Eastern North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads