Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Eastern North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2011, 06:31 AM  

gotcha Sal, we don't drink or really want to be around too much partying (esp with the kids) so the Fort Fisher end might be the best for us anyway.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:44 AM  

Raeford, North Carolina
It might be the best for you. I drink a little bit while out there I'm not young by anymeans anymore and I bring my kids out there. Like unsaid earlier I've never had an issue with the younger crowd they seem to clump together and I just keep going past them. There are plenty of families out there so just check them both out and see which one is best for you. Carolina beach has vendors out there you can buy ice wood ice cream pizza all kinds of stuff I'm not sure about fort fisher maybe some one familiar with that beach can jump in here. I never been to that one I went to Freeman park and just loved it so that's where I go. If you go to fort fisher post up a report for everyone.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:13 PM  

will do, unless something changed there was nothing at Ft Fisher except sand, water and rocks.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:14 PM  

BTW, Fort Fisher is $12 per day,$50 per year.
http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/f...s/4x4_prmt.pdf
Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 PM  

Raeford, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbordea View Post
BTW, Fort Fisher is $12 per day,$50 per year.
http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/f...s/4x4_prmt.pdf
Whats with all the hours on there? Do they lock you in after a certain time? I'm assuming its laid out where your at least camping at the edge of the surf or no? Do they have toilets there on the beach? Just curious how there laid out over there.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:47 PM  

the last time I went I don't remember anything. There was a gate at the end of the road before you got to the dunes. Seems like there was a cabana or something in the parking lot that might have had showers and RR etc. I remember you started out on the waterway side and had to cut through the dunes to get to the ocean side. They had cutouts and such every 100 yards or so where you could get from one side to the other. Other than that I don't remember too much. It's been a long time.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:27 PM  

Raeford, North Carolina
I'll be out the beach a lot this summer as usual. I'm usually the only one in this color lifted XK with a roof basket you cant miss me I take up a lot of room. Feel free to swing on in and say hi if you see me.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 AM  

will do, we have a pewter-gray Trailblazer.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:24 PM  
ILOVEMUD

VIRGINIA
Does anyone know of a place in northern NC to go 4x4 and camp on the beach? North of Nags Head or in Nags Head?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:30 AM  

Not sure about up that far but you can go to Cape Lookout/Portsmouth Island. You have to take a ferry ($75) to get over there. I talked to a guy who has done several of those trips and sounds like they are a blast.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Eastern North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!