Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Education
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2011, 03:12 AM  

With this, you really should be sure about what you are going to pursue because once you are already in it, there is no turning back, unless you would want to start over again just to correct points you made some problems with.

You should decide ultimately as to which one you are most likely to stick with in the future. I mean, something that you see yourself doing for the rest of your life, because that is actually how things are going to be.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:05 AM  

Houston, Texas
Most, about 75%, with undergrad degrees do NOT work in a field related to their degree. With a masters it's about 50/50. Most PhDs do work in an area related to their field but that is self limiting based on the degree. A typical undergrad student will change their major at least 3 times before they graduate. What your undergrad degree is in becomes more relevant when you apply for grad school.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:21 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
I think I changed my mind hundreds of times throughout my life, another hundred times while I was in college. I have launched a few careers and never stuck with one thing. I am now in a career that I knew nothing about even when I applied for the job. I applied because I am good with numbers and figured I could learn the business that made up the numbers and I did! Ha. Now I want to quit again and start my own business. I probably will. I don't think I would be happy doing the same thing my entire life because there are so many things I want to do :-)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Education
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads