Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Emerald Coast
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2010, 08:00 PM  

Pensacola, FL
Oil is gone

I live in NW Florida and the beaches are beautiful. I encourage all looking to take a vacation to travel to NW Florida and see the snow white beaches contrast with the emerald green water!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:49 PM  

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Yea, nothing in South Florida either. Come on down!!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 02:11 PM  

Homosassa, Florida
The Nature Coast has been beautiful this whole time! You should visit!!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:18 PM  

Fort Myers, Florida
Nothing around the Sanibel,Fort Myers beaches
Old 10-04-2010, 06:17 PM  

Milton, FL
Not to be a complete Debbie Downer; however, a couple weeks ago, I took my little girl and wife to Fort Pickens and found a couple little tar balls in the water. It's disappointing. The clean up crew are still working hard to keep the beaches clean. We stayed in the sand which was VERY clean from what I could see. My little girl is too young to swim, so it wasn't a show stopper for us. It was still a great day for a picnic on the beach.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:51 PM  

Orlando, Florida
Bubba46, tar balls are normal and have been for years. They are not a indicator of Oil from the deep water horizon. Don't let them ruin the trip.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:18 AM  

Milton, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited4X4 View Post
Bubba46, tar balls are normal and have been for years. They are not a indicator of Oil from the deep water horizon. Don't let them ruin the trip.
The dang oil spill has me looking at every little thing in the water for any indication...

It'd be easy to overlook if you're not looking for them.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:41 PM  

JUPITER, FL
I can't help but wonder where the oil "really" is....I hate to spoil the party but it's hard to believe the oil is completely gone....For the health of the Gulf Of Mexico I sure hope it is. My fear is the researches will find some vast quantity of oil deep in the Gulf that will eventually begin to travel....
Old 10-05-2010, 03:04 PM  

Ft. Myers, Florida
from what i've heard its on the bottom, but i always thought oil floated on top so i'm not sure.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:57 AM  

Fort Myers, Florida
The dispersent they were applying made it sink.THat along with the microbes naturally found in the gulf waters that are feeding on the crude are helping keep it off the beaches.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Emerald Coast
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads