Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM  

bath, ny
Experienced

Seems to me I'd heard that America would appreicate older Americans who still had a good decade of good work left in them. I haven't found that to be true. Doesn't matter what the qualifications, and the laws say. When you go for the interview and they see gray hair, it gives them second thoughts. Too bad.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:24 PM  

Sammamish, WA
Not true. I got my current job with gray beard and partially gray hair at age 58, since then two raises and a promotion. We have hired two people in our group since November, one is older than me with gray hair. We simply hire the best person for the job. My younger brother was laid off about a year ago and in about 10 months got a new, better job.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:17 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
What is it called Oh yeah Get you some Just for men 5 minute color....
Old 02-28-2011, 02:29 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I think it goes both ways, you see someone young, you don't want to hire them from lack of experience. I think your best bet is to sell yourself and down play age as much as possible.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.