Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 08:25 PM  

How Much Do You Like Your Job?

All day I talk to people about their finances, including their job. It is interesting that some people love it, others hate it, and others are just happy to have one.

So how much do you like your job? What do you like or dislike? Would you change anything?

I'll start. I love my job. For one, I have one. I just graduated a year ago and very few of my friends are in a full time position in the field of their choosing. The hours are crazy (on a light week its 55+) and it is pretty stressful all around. But the pay isn't bad, and the people I work with are great. couldn't ask for more.

So how about you?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:49 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I have a love-hate relationship with my job.
I love the money but hate working.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 PM  

Haha, I have a feeling you're not alone there. As I am sure others will chime in...
Old 02-21-2011, 09:14 PM  

Sammamish, WA
I love my job, though until I get a new hire done and train the person I'm having to cover the vacant position with longer hours and some weekend work.

Great bunch of people and plenty of problems to solve makes the day go by quickly. Also a lot of fun to be working down on the Seattle waterfront.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
I love my job. I get to do my own thing 99% of the time. the boss doesn't bother me unless something is broke. I work around kids and kids say some of the funniest things ever. Plus out of 100+ employees there are exactly 4 guys in the building. So that has its PERKS......
Old 02-22-2011, 07:30 PM  

Sammamish, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
I love my job. I get to do my own thing 99% of the time. the boss doesn't bother me unless something is broke. I work around kids and kids say some of the funniest things ever. Plus out of 100+ employees there are exactly 4 guys in the building. So that has its PERKS......
Cook at Hooters?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:39 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
Cook at Hooters?
I'm an IT guy at an Elementary School.....
Old 02-26-2011, 08:48 AM  

Louisville, Ky
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I have a love-hate relationship with my job.
I love the money but hate working.
LOL I'm the reverse I guess. I do love my work, however I hate seeing what I make a year. If it were doubled I'd be a happy man .

I guess everyone can say that though.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:33 AM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
JOB (just over broke) where if a person is doing what they LOVE, the job aspect goes walkabout.

Used to be a long haul (company) truck driver till late '08.
----
Things could be (have been) worse.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:40 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Despite what I said earlier, I do like my job. I've been there for almost 24 years.

It's close to home, casual and challenging. I have a nice desk and a window and lots of people call me for all kinds of nonsense. I usually show up about 8 and leave around 5.

I almost always take a drive to pick up my lunch but end up eating it at my desk

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.