Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Fashion / Clothing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2011, 01:16 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
coach purses

Five to seven years ago I discovered Coach purses (and later its wallets and gym shoes). I like some of the brightly colored purses and, although they are far higher priced than I'd ever paid for a purse before, I own a number of them now. In a department store they can be at least $200 apiece, and in an outlet mall they are about $100 to $150.
Last spring I bought an inexpensive but cute no-name purse at a local boutique. Within a week the lining was ripping--I ended up ripping out all of it because it was such a mess--and within a month the seams were ripping.
Before I discovered Coach, I had never owned any designer products. Now I understand one of the reasons why they are costly. It isn't just the name--it's the construction. You can't nuke a Coach product!

Old 11-25-2011, 12:39 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
coach scarves

I went to a garage sale and bought two silk scarves for 50 cents each. They both say "Coach." I've studied them closely (the seams and tag) and found one of them on ebay. They look genuine to me! Is there a way to confirm that they are genuine and not a knockoff?
I can't say that I was cheated if they aren't, considering the price.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:57 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
My friends love to make fun of me for loving my coach purse. The ironic and funny thing about it is that I have never owned a purse before! I use to carry around this little beaded leather wallet that was given to me by my grandma - a friend of hers beaded it. I loved the little wallet but was always misplacing things and getting disorganized so I started my quest for a purse that would fit my style and personality.

I looked for months and just couldn't find anything. I hated how cheap looking most purses were. I hated the styles and I couldn't find anything of quality and the right size for my more rugged lifestyle. Well ... a friend convinced me to just walk into a coach store and "look". Ha!!! I walked out with my first purse and LOVE it. The lady in the store almost panicked when I told her how excited I was that I could strap it around me when I ride my motorcycle, but I can! I can still live my lifestyle and look like a girl at the same time. PLUS, I can wear this purse to work and look professional.

I still have the beaded wallet inside my purse. I can't get rid of that.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:06 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
So... what's a coach purse?
Old 11-28-2011, 05:39 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I don't know which one mtngirl is loving, but I just checked out their website, and there are some very nice gift ideas there!

Classy stuff. I like. Too bad they don't have a store in Montreal
Old 11-28-2011, 06:11 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
I just looked online to see if I can find the one I got and I don't think it's there, but the closest one to it is the KRISTIN LEATHER HOBO

Yes - great gifts! I'm surprised there isn't a Coach store in Montreal!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
I went to a garage sale and bought two silk scarves for 50 cents each. They both say "Coach." I've studied them closely (the seams and tag) and found one of them on ebay. They look genuine to me! Is there a way to confirm that they are genuine and not a knockoff?
I can't say that I was cheated if they aren't, considering the price.
I have no clue how to tell if they are authentic but when I bought my purse they tried to sell me a couple coach scarves and they were $50 each! I think you got a really good deal! I'll double your money and buy them for you for a $1 each... hahahaha
Old 11-28-2011, 06:24 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
I just looked online to see if I can find the one I got and I don't think it's there, but the closest one to it is the KRISTIN LEATHER HOBO

Yes - great gifts! I'm surprised there isn't a Coach store in Montreal!
Must be the French thing, but I'm sure there's a few dealers here

That Kristin Leather Hobo is pretty sharp! You're making my xmas shopping easier for me.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:49 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
To Austin

Coach is a brand name. Its trademark is two capital "C"'s facing each other, one forward, one backwards.
It also sells wallets, umbrellas, belts, scarves (both long skinny ties and regular square ones) and shoes, including gym shoes (Keds style), all in umpteem colors and print designs. You can't kill the shoes either.
You can find Coach purses in most department stores such as Macy's or Nordstrom, and Coach also has its own stores in outlet malls. If you find someone in a city's downtown selling what looks like Coach products on a table set up on the sidewalk, beware. Those are fakes.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:17 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Must be the French thing, but I'm sure there's a few dealers here

That Kristin Leather Hobo is pretty sharp! You're making my xmas shopping easier for me.

Happy to help!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Fashion / Clothing
Bookmark this Page!