Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2010, 02:20 AM  

Oviedo, Florida
Cool place to camp for young family (Central Florida)?

Anyone know a good place to camp? I have a young family. Neighbors have been to the wilderness park at Disney, is that even camping?

Old 10-18-2010, 06:32 AM  
Ocala Guy

Ocala, Florida
I can tell you up in the Ocala Nat'l Forest you can do much camping...

Alexander Springs
Juniper Springs
Salt Springs
Silver River State Park

All have tent camping, with electric/water or w/o either i believe. Being in Oviedo, this would probably be a couple hr drive to get to any of these..But they are good camping spots. There's also over by Ormond beach, Tomoca State Park. My family and i went there for a weekend about a month ago..It was fun, clean bathrooms/showers, very family friendly. Ormond beach is a 10min drive away.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:18 AM  

new port richey, florida
ya myaka state park is great too.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:35 PM  

Broward, FL
ParaCAD is dead on. I was going to suggest that as well. Good stuff from what I hear.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:38 AM  

Oviedo, Florida
Awesome! Thanks guys for the suggestions. Ocala sounds great. I will take the Jeep and do a little wheeling too.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:51 PM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Lakewood Retreat - Christian Camp

Look no further, love this place.

Scott
Old 10-26-2010, 07:31 PM  

Volusia County, FL
Anastasia State Park in St. Augustine. Really nice state park and close to the beach!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:37 PM  

Deland, Florida
If you camp in Ocala National Forest, either stick to one of the spots that ParaCad mentioned, with a full time host, or get off of the beaten path. There are several primitive sites that you can camp at, but there are no staff there to keep things in check, and it can definitely get "interesting".

Blue Springs State Park in Orange City might be another good option, though I have never personally camped there.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:37 AM  

Gainesville, FL
Be sure to visit one of the springs in the north central Florida area. Ichetucknee, Manatee, Fanning, etc. are lots of fun, and kids can't get enough of them. I am sure there are springs closer to the National Forest if that's where you'll end up, I just haven't done much exploring in that area.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:41 PM  

Melbourne, FL
If you wish to see the Space Center, Manatee Hammock park in the Titusville area is perfect. Also a great spot to watch the few shuttle launches left ( if they go on schedule).

If you want to fish or boat, Long Point park is a mile or so North of Sebastian Inlet on the barrier Island.

Rainbow Springs SP is a nice easy run to paddle upstream and drift back down.

Regards

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!