Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2010, 06:04 AM  

Saint Johns, Florida
We are planning to go the beginning of December, hopefully it won't be too crowded.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:56 AM  

Denver
I wonder if it would be better to buy the pass and be at the back of the "line-jumpers" line, or not but the pass and be at the back of both that and the regular line... Too many lines!

Old 09-29-2010, 02:36 PM  

Washington DC, Virginia
Quote:
Had a friend that went there the day it opened, said the ride was awesome, and the atmosphere unbelievable!
They changed the theme of the area originally called ?the Lost Continent?. The name of the "Dulling Dragons" rollercoaster is now "Dragon Challenge" so I am sure that means the haunted castle you used to walk through is now "Hogwarts". They also changed the theme of the children?s coaster "Flying Unicorn" to "Flight of The Hippogriff", so none of the rides are really new just a new look. I think they changed ?Poseidon's Fury? to ?Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey? and the sure has changed as far as story line but the special effects will be the same. I know they completely rebuilt what was ?Enchanted Oak Tavern? into ?The Three Broomsticks restaurant? and that is supposed to be really cool my friends loved that the most except that the ?butter Beer? doesn?t have any alcohol.

I think it will be really fun though that was my favorite area of the park, I had a pass when I went to school in Orlando also the university would basically rent the park out so all students could go for free. They sold beer to those of age at what they called "beer gardens". Just imagine hundreds of drunken college students running through the park especially in children?s rope playground! Man I miss college!

The passes aren't always worth it the prices change based on how many people are at the park and they limit the number they sell. I have never used them just get there early and go to the left first or straight to what you want to see first. Everyone seems to go to the right naturally.

Let us know how the trip goes,
Old 09-30-2010, 10:14 AM  

Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbkrguy View Post
Let us know how the trip goes,
Definitely will, I'll take massive amounts of photos.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:19 AM  

Winter Garden, FL
The best time to visit the Parks in general is January and February.

Seldom are there any crowds and there really aren't any lines to speak of usually 5 minutes at the most. The weather that time of year is great with low humidity and low 70s for temps.

In my opinion you could probably take 1 day for Disney, 1 day for MGM and EPCOT and 1 day for Universal and feel good about seeing that sights.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:46 PM  

Orlando, FL
We haven't taken the kids yet. Maybe in January we will head out there.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:39 PM  

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Its been so long since Ive been down there...sounds like a trip to visit all my friends in orlando is in short order. Weather is about right for a few days at the park!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:26 AM  

West Palm Beach, Fl
I want to go there too!

I love harry potter, and I plan on trading in my wrangler on a Nimbus 2000 as soon as possible!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:10 PM  

Tampa, FL
I can't wait to try some butter beer...
Old 10-08-2010, 09:29 AM  

Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguytim View Post
I can't wait to try some butter beer...
It's most definitely on my list of things to do once I'm in the park!

The sit is even cool.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter ? Now Open at Universal Orlando

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads