Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2011, 08:37 PM  

Delavan, wi
key west

going to key west in may----hot spots any one ?

Old 01-06-2011, 11:51 AM  

Tampa, Florida
Sloppy Joe's on the north end of Duval...never had a bad time there.

If you want a great place to eat dinner and watch the best sunset ever, go to Louie's Backyard Key West fine dining with a view |Louie's Backyard

Old 01-06-2011, 01:41 PM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Key West Reply

Key West is only 3 miles long so you will be able to hit all the hot spots...I lived there for 4 years, but that was back in 93 or so. Duval St is the main street everyone walks (shops, restaurants, etc.). You have to go to the most Southern Point of the United States, which is 90 miles from Cuba and take a picture standing by the pole that states this. Everyone knows where it is and with the island being so small, you will not have a problem finding it. Then there is the PIER that everyone goes to at nite to watch the sunset and it look like the sun sets right into the water. There are all kinds of people doing odd things while visiting there. Also food, tees, etc.. There is a Holiday Inn to your right as soon as you hit Key West...you can stay there. If you like coffee, be sure and visit BABY'S Coffee...the best! Stop at a cuban breakfast fast stop and get a cafe con leche (if you like espresso) and cuban toast with butter....mmmm! I believe it was called Pepe's that has great breakfast and they make homemade OJ right in front of you. At some casual restaurants, you will see cats, dogs and birds inside. People are allowed to take their pets in a lot of places, which is weird to see. Also, the stores open and close when the owner feels like it. At any of the hotels, you can pick up all kinds of literature in the front lobby stating things to do. You can go out on a ship to snorkle and they provide all the stuff. The water is so clear there. Visit the Hemmingway house where you will see cats with 6 toes. There is so much to do on such a small island. Check out Tripadvisor.com and have fun!!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:16 PM  
Ocala Guy

Ocala, Florida
Stay at Eden House!...The place is a perfect little slice.

May is probably a good time to go. Wife and i went for a week and got married last year in June, it was HOT! the ocean was hot, literally. So was the pool at Eden House. But well worth it. Its a shor walk to Duval.

love the place, hope to go back for our 1yr.... Key West Hotels | Hotel in Old Town Key West | Eden House Hotel, Key West, Florida, 33040
Old 01-23-2011, 05:42 PM  

Orlando, FL
We like the keys, but we like it a little more laid back... Marathon; Duck Key; Sombrero Beach; Bahia Honda Beach... Stuff like that.
Flickr: cwilson1288's Photostream
Old 01-24-2011, 11:36 AM  

Tampa
[QUOTE=VLT;66544]Key West is only 3 miles long so you will be able to hit all the hot spots...QUOTE]

And Duval Street is where most everything is in Key West and its only about a mile long. The Soutern Most Point is a good photo op, as well as Mallory Square at Sunset! The sunset is awesome, and there will be a ton of street performers. Sloppy Joe's, Irish Kevin's and The Hogsbreath Saloon are cool places to stop to grab a beer.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:42 AM  
Ocala Guy

Ocala, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinNick View Post
Sloppy Joe's, Irish Kevin's and The Hogsbreath Saloon are cool places to stop to grab a beer.
Wife and I hit all 3 of these on our wedding/honeymoon week Plus many more of course.

I cant recall the place we went to for breakfast..It was out doors on the grass, small chickens wandering around, a cat sleeping, great lobster omelet and bloody marys, and banana pancakes..the dining was outside, but covered with trees and large tarps...Had good size bar also, near by which we thought was pretty busy for 10am...lol

i find a job in that area, i will move down there! seriously.

Like i said early, stay at Eden House, great laid back place..we'll probably be back there this summer..
Old 01-27-2011, 09:15 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Any great recomendations for local seafood in Key West? I'm not looking for big chains, but figure there is probably a local place that rocks!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:50 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
ParaCAD:

Isn't it neat how KW is pet friendly...even in their restaurants? Can you see cats birds and chicken's walking around in restaurants in cities outside KW? People think I'm crazy when I tell them what happens in KW.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:18 PM  
Ocala Guy

Ocala, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLT View Post
ParaCAD:

Isn't it neat how KW is pet friendly...even in their restaurants? Can you see cats birds and chicken's walking around in restaurants in cities outside KW? People think I'm crazy when I tell them what happens in KW.

Yea its a good time....my wife terrified of chicken (childhood trauma, long story i guess). But she was all jittery and looking over her shoulder when these small hens would wander by..lol

I think it was Blue heaven where we had the best lobster omlette in the world..i dont even have to try them all, i know its the best hands down

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads