Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2011, 01:44 PM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Place to live?

Any ideas as to where to move to in Florida that is close to the water, very safe area, not too expensive, mostly retirees??

Old 01-10-2011, 01:07 PM  

Clearwater, FL
How close to the water do you want to be? I grew up in Pace which is about 30 minutes from Pensacola. Probably 45 minutes from the beach. Only about 8,000 people and very little crime. Cost of living isn't overly expensive. Only thing is I don't think it is a retiree hotspot.

On the other hand, I live in Clearwater now and there are tons of retirees here. About 30 minutes from my house to the beach but there are plenty of places that are closer. It isn't as crime free as back home, but it's not like living in downtown Tampa either. Cost of living is higher that back home too but I wouldn't call it expensive.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:40 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Florida

Hi, thanks for your recommendations. I actually lived in Tampa/St. Pete for 4 years, but didn't care for the area. To me, it was expensive. Unless, living in Branden. Clearwater isn't too bad, but I thought it was expensive there. Do you know of any new townhomes in that area that are around $100k? Or maybe a home with a mother in law suite?
Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 AM  

Clearwater, FL
I think you will be hard pressed to find much around here for 100k. Your best bet is to look on the real estate and homes for sale sites. Or call a realtor. They can give you the best idea about current home values and whats for sale and such.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:19 PM  
Palm Coast is the place t

Palm Coast Florida was designed to be a retirement community by ITT Corporation. It is on the east coast just below St. Augustine and just above Daytona Beach. Prices here are fantastic for new construction. There are a lot other way to buy as well. Normal real estate sales, short sales, and foreclosures. The construction jobs dried up quickly in the recession and the people that were not employed in the retirement field or were the retired are mostly gone now. What is left are the people who love this town. Come and visit, you will be glad you did. Write our Mayor, Jon Netts and ask him!

City of Palm Coast

We would love to see you here! And no, I am not being paid to say this. I am just one of retired ones who live and enjoy it here.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!