Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2010, 11:05 AM  

Stockbridge, GA
In Pensacola you have NAS (NavalAir Station) whih is home to the Bue Angels and you have the Naval Aviation Museum. It is awesome there.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:21 AM  
Traveler

Broomfield, Co
Yup, it is nice.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:02 AM  

Saint Johns, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by danffl View Post
It is not Kalifornia.
We have some common sense in government.
Are you kidding? We had a governor that instituted state student testing so he his brother's software company had a guaranteed place to sell its study software.

We had another governor that cut the state's school budget to the point that we are now the state that spends the least amount per student on education in the whole country

Florida passed a law, that was signed into a permanent part of the state's constitution, specifying the proper size of transport crates for pregnant pigs.

And I can go on all day!!!!!

I have lived in 5 different states, including California, and Florida is the only place that has government dumber than California.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:03 AM  

Winter Garden, FL
Quote:
I have lived in 5 different states, including California, and Florida is the only place that has government dumber than California.
So why not just leave?
No ones begging you to stay.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:12 AM  

Winter Garden, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

On a lighter note:

We have some of the best outdoor activities anywhere. You can fish in any of a number of lakes and ponds, or you're never more than an hour and a half from a coastline. We have great inshore or offshore saltwater fishing.

Not really into fishing? Choose one of the rivers or lake chains and just go for a boat ride and soak in the wild life and then you can wind up in the Atlantic, the Gulf or one of the many springs that are here.

Although the summers and long, hot and muggy the cooler months are great with highs in the low 70s and dry air with a breeze. Perfect time of year to hit the theme parks where you'll find small crowds and no lines.

Oh yea and we also have alligators that will come right to your home for a visit.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:18 PM  

Satellite beach, Fl
It's nice on the coast. But it is humid
Old 10-04-2010, 08:15 PM  

jacksonville, florida
I'm here
Old 10-04-2010, 09:47 PM  

Orlando, Florida
The Keys are the best if you like diving. But don't pass up our natural springs. They are the clearest and best to swim in. Wekiva Springs, Kelly Park, Rainbow Springs,Blue Springs, etc. You have to see a sunrise on the east coast and then drive over to Clearwater/St. Pete and watch the sunset, then Go to Frenchy's for some Margaritas and seafood.

You can't pass up St. Augustine if your coming this way. Spend a day there. Anclote Island and Calidesie Island are a must if you like to Kayak.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:23 AM  

Milton, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hig4s1 View Post
Are you kidding? ....

And I can go on all day!!!!!

Maybe good reasons not to move but the OP is looking for a visit.

This time of year is amazing. X2 on the Naval Aviation Museum! There's plenty to do/see and resonably priced.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:27 AM  

Milton, FL
If you're near Winter Garden, I'd recommend the Edgewater Hotel for a nice Bed and Breakfast style hotel.

RubiRush may be able to comment on it as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.