Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 09:51 AM  

Winston-Salem, NC, North Carolina
Florida is overall, a great state. I used to make yearly trips from NC down to Mt. Dora to visit family. Everytime we went, I would always ask my Dad if we could go to Orlando, but it was always a no.
Daytona beach is absolutely amazing, I've vacationed there twice now and both times have been amazing. One of the two times I was down there, we were at the beach and actually say a waterspout in the distance, it believe it made landfall but died shortly after though.
If you don't mind the heat, Florida is a great place to go. It has a wide variety of activities to do. And really, wherever you are, you're never too far from the beach.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:39 PM  

Brandon, FL
If you get the chance to hit up honeymoon or caladesi island its a great place to go for a day. and especially right around now the weather is amazing

Old 10-08-2010, 06:04 PM  

coconut creek, Florida
women can wear skimpy bikinis all year round ;-)
Old 10-08-2010, 06:56 PM  

coconut creek, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKjeep View Post
best reason to come right now-the HUMIDITY is gone
+1

thats the best part of the year
Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 AM  

Joplin, Missouri
Great weather year round, A1A, partying, and the food! I lived there for 2 years and I haven't found a state with more diverse and excellent selection of food options. From my perception it's because it's a huge tourist draw and brings in people from all over the world.

You can never go wrong with seafood that was just netted from the ocean, NY style pizza (made by former NYers), great chili, great steakhouses. One of the best steaks I've had in my life was ironically at a Japanese restaurant in South Florida.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:29 PM  

Destin, Florida
Might as well come visit now. When your too old to drive faster than 40 mph you'll be moving here anyway!

Davesrb
Old 10-15-2010, 09:48 PM  

port charlotte, florida
we are full so stay home, hahaha fla is the only place to live but you didnt hear it from me
Old 10-17-2010, 02:49 PM  

St Augustine, FL
Just got back from a trip to St Augustine... Founded in 1565, LOTS to do, great history, beautiful beaches, great restaurants... I liked it so much I put an offer in on a house... I have lived in Panama City Beach (great if you like to party, not much for young kids), St Pete Beach (LOTS to do in the area), Tarpon Springs(Old sponge diving town - real cool) and a couple other places... Florida is my favorite state hands down. And of course if you consider moving... NO state income tax
Old 11-02-2010, 05:32 PM  

Georgia
If you are visiting Florida, I highly recommend St. Augustine Alligator Farm. It's really cool if you get to see them feeding the alligators from the boardwalk.

Tourist Attraction Review: St. Augustine Alligator Farm

In addition, the Castillo de San Marcos and the old town of St. Augustine are definitely worth checking out. From St. Augustine, you can head on down to Daytona Beach and then on down to Cape Canaveral.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:35 AM  
Fruit Fears Me

Emerald Coast, FL
To snorkel or cave dive in the crystal clear Florida springs...a life changing experience.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.