Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 AM  

Denver
Potentially Moving

My mother is considering moving to the Miami area, but doesn't know much about its current atmosphere. It would be great to find a place where she can have fun, relax and still feel safe. Is this city a good fit? What's the scene like?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:15 AM  

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Do your research, there are some really rough, unsafe parts in Miami. My suggestion would be to move up to Ft. Lauderdale or Boca Raton. They are a lot safer and still provide easy acess to the beach and Miami is only a 35 minute drive away

Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 AM  

Winter Garden, FL
Learn Spanish
Old 10-05-2010, 02:07 PM  

JUPITER, FL
Miami is a vast city and a cultural pot of people...american, cuban, hatian, black, etc. Coral Gables and Coconut Grove are very nice areas that are safe and fun.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:20 PM  

Tampa, FL
It's nickname is "Little Cuba". Be prepared to learn some Spanish, as RubiRush said.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:02 PM  

St Augustine, FL
West Palm may be a better choice for your mother, unless she likes the 'busy' atmosphere and speaks at least basic spanish. As previously noted, there are some nice areas - but it can change over a few blocks...
Old 10-17-2010, 08:47 PM  

fort myers, fl
i went to miami twice since i have been here in florida. (6 1/2 years). i would NOT go back there unless someone paid me good money. but this is just me. there are much safer and better places here in florida. as other posters have said, do your research and you might want to look for a nicer neighborhood... see if this helps any, it takes a few seconds to load up and you do not have to log in to zoom up closer....
Global Incident Map Displaying Terrorist Acts, Suspicious Activity, and General Terrorism News
Old 10-23-2010, 06:53 PM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Don't! Absolute S hole.

Scott
Old 11-03-2010, 05:32 PM  

Fort myers, florida
I would have to agree with all the posts. Some people really like it some people cant stand it. There is never a lack for anything to do but it definately is a giant hodge podge of people and their cultures. Depending on what you mom like to do or not do, Ft Lauderdale is alot nicer, affordable and is close to Miami. If she's an on the go, always ready to do something new, then she would love it. Visit and check it out a couple times. She wil know with one visit whether or not it for her. Good luck!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 05:31 PM  
Ft. Lauderdale, nuff said

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Boca or further North to West Palm.

You should also look at the Gulf Coast from Punta Gorda to Marco Island.

Chances are she will be miserable in Miami.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!