Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2014, 12:41 PM  

Montreal
Stand Your Ground Law

Seems like a great way to get rid of some one you dont like.. All thats required is to aggravate some one to the point they take a swing at you then you have the right to killl them claiming you were in fear of your life.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:59 PM  

Nevada
Going a little overboard on this, aren't you?

You have a problem with someone defending themselves from the scum we now have all over the country?

Old 08-02-2014, 01:53 PM  

Montreal
Seeing as its just you and me on this board lvcabbie i thought i'd throw out some topics that might generate some life into this forum,//
Old 08-02-2014, 11:04 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
We have a similar law in Missouri.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:10 AM  

Montreal
The law seems to be in place in many states. My original point was to point out one way the law could be abused by aggravating some one to the point they will attack you then standing your ground with deadly force when they do.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:10 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The law seems to be in place in many states. My original point was to point out one way the law could be abused by aggravating some one to the point they will attack you then standing your ground with deadly force when they do.
I suppose it's possible.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:27 AM  

Nevada
Just came across a story where an 80 year old woman heard someone break into her house in the middle of the night.

She got her gun and called 911. Guess what the operator told her to do. PUT DOWN HER GUN!!!!

We don't just need to defend outselves against the criminal scum - but the organizations that are supposed to defend us.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:37 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Last night one of my neighbors started his truck at 4 am (no exhaust) and let it idle for an hour. Police say there is nothing they can do. I came real close to putting a couple shots through the cab.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:50 PM  
Palm Coast is the place t

Owning a weapon or firearm takes a lot of responsibility. If you are about to use deadly force I would suggest that you make real sure a jury of your peers and a Judge will agree with your decision. In Florida where I live there are many laws. Weapons and firearms regulation is controlled by the State. No other public authority can write or cause to be written an ordinance, law, rule for weapons or firearms. We have George Zimmerman and that person has been acquitted just O.J. Simpson was. Being a service connected 100% disabled Vietnam Veteran causes me concern when I suspect I have become the target of potential increase of income for some would be convict. I feel strongly in the God given right of self defense. I am scared I will have to use it one day. I understand that taking the life a human being is something you will never forget. It removes part of your soul. However I would never allow someone to take my life without a fight. Relatives, friends, neighbors, and people having a gun pointed at their face. Those I will defend in a heart beat if I can. I may loose but I cannot stand by and just let perps get away. The older I get the harder it is to live day to day. Full care with medical, food, bed, heat and cooling is rather attractive. My life expectancy is not all that long so prison for using deadly force when I saw no other option is not a problem for me.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:50 PM  

Montreal
I'm looking forward to following Tampas Wesley Chapel movie theater shooting court case.
lots of debate on other forums about the incident..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads