Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-24-2011, 06:59 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
8 Best Supermarket Sweets

Anyone else have a horrible sweet tooth?

--------------------------------------
Each of the following entries weighs approximately 125 pounds?except for one. Can you pick out the impostor?

A. The most beautiful woman in the world
B. The world?s largest cabbage
C. A six-foot long shark
D. The amount of sugar you?ll eat this year

You probably guessed ?D,? and you?re right. Jennifer Lopez, a massive green cabbage from Wasilla, Alaska, and Scooter the Shark?who lives at the Newport Aquarium in Cincinnati?all weigh about 125 pounds. But you couldn?t possibly eat that much sugar in a year, right? Think again: The average American chokes down more than 130 pounds of the stuff every 365 days.

A recent University of Minnesota study found that women consumed about 13 percent of their daily calories from added sugars, and for men that number was closer to 15 percent?a 38 percent jump since 1982. Not surprisingly, the researchers also found that increased sugar consumption mirrored the rise in the participants? BMI, an indicator of obesity.

Now, I know what you?re thinking: ?Great, now I have to cut sugar from my diet.? Not so fast. The American Heart Association says that women can safely consume up to 100 calories (about 25 grams) of sugar per day, and men can consume up to 150 (37.5 grams). The secret is finding sweet foods that quell your sweet tooth without blowing out your sugar quota?and that's exactly what I've done here. Below you?ll find the results of our latest report on eight sinfully delicious treats that silence sugar cravings without adding inches to your waistline. Focus on these, and you?ll look more like Jennifer Lopez?and less like the world?s largest cabbage.

Read the rest of the article here

Old 04-24-2011, 07:06 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
We're gonna have to keep an eye on you Brit. Your posts are not what they appear to be.

Quote:
and men can consume up to 150 (37.5 grams)
Fred Meyers is a grocery chain in the NW. Their own brand of "no fat" yogurt has 35 grams of sugar per container and I eat a container a day. Many brands of candy contain less sugar. Read your labels folks.
8 Best Supermarket Sweets-brella.jpg 

Old 04-24-2011, 08:33 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
A recent University of Minnesota study found that women consumed about 13 percent of their daily calories from added sugars, and for men that number was closer to 15 percent?a 38 percent jump since 1982.
So men used to consume -23% from added sugars? Or men and women combined used to eat -10% from added sugars? I'm lost.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
So men used to consume -23% from added sugars? Or men and women combined used to eat -10% from added sugars? I'm lost.
Lost is good Jake. I could reverse engineer the numbers to demonstrate the new percentages but it would seriously harm my recently awakened brain.

If you can't see your belt sugar is bad.
If you can see it sugar is still bad.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
haha, much better. thank you.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 04-25-2011, 03:18 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Lost is good Jake. I could reverse engineer the numbers to demonstrate the new percentages but it would seriously harm my recently awakened brain.

If you can't see your belt sugar is bad.
If you can see it sugar is still bad.
ahhhhh! sugar!

.... kinda
Old 04-25-2011, 03:29 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Sugar Blues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the song, see Sugar Blues (song).
Sugar Blues is a book by William Dufty that was released in 1975 and became a commercial success. According to the publishers, over 1.6 million copies have been printed.[1]
In the book, Dufty makes the case that sugar is an addictive drug, that it is extremely harmful to the human body, and that the sugar industry conspires to keep Americans addicted to sugar.
The book's central argument is that a small dietary change, eliminating refined sugar, can make a huge difference in how good one is able to feel physically and mentally. Dufty even goes so far as to suggest that eliminating refined sugar from the diet of those institutionalized for mental illness could be an effective treatment for some.
8 Best Supermarket Sweets-sugarblues.jpg 

8 Best Supermarket Sweets-640wi.jpg 

8 Best Supermarket Sweets-sugar_blues2.jpg 

Old 12-11-2011, 10:36 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
The song "MISTAKES" by Frank Froba (Froeba)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Here's another great song I just came across
by "Frank Froba and his boys" ..."MISTAKES" -- waltz.........

Quote:
Uploaded by ThomShelford on Nov 14, 2009

A long-searched for track which was No 2 in Britain for three weeks in March 1952 but never found its way onto CD. It was kept off the No 1 spot first by Mario Lanza, with "The Loveliest Night of the Year" and secondly by Guy Mitchell's "There's Always Room at Our House". It was on the charts (Top 10 only in those days!) for 11 weeks, but it was the only hit that Frankie Froba had (sometimes spelt Froeba). Other chart hits during those weeks included "The Little White Cloud" by Johnnie Ray, "Down Yonder" by Del Wood, (another honky-tonk track), Billy Cotton's "I Love the Sunshine of Your Smile" and"Some Enchanted Evening" - yes, much sentimentality before rock n' roll hit!

Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Here's a supermarket (Martin's) that has purchased one of our local
(Ukrop's) stores and showing some of their pastries, etc! Can't be
beat......you may have one in your area....

Check their "Wholesale Menu" on this link.......

Pastries By Martin

Eclairs: Filled with REAL pastry cream!
8 Best Supermarket Sweets-eclair.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads