Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2011, 12:20 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
BBQ, Rain, Party.

It was over cast all weekend. About the time people started showing up to my Daughter's party the dark was onimous. We weren't going to eat till six, but it was five and I knew it was now or never.

I started getting the burgers on the grill, Keith was behind me handing me stuff and commenting on the fire, when it opened up, not a trickle, not a light shower, a drenching.

Being only halfway through the burger placement I went ahead and finished it up, letting in a good amount of rain and dropping the temp on the pit by a couple of hundred degrees.

Keith disappeared. I was alone.

I stood in the rain, soaked to the bone and got those burgers and hot dogs cooked. I messed with them to much so a couple fell apart, but I was trying to get it done ASAP.

As I finished, the rain let up, and then stopped.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:49 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
I grill all year round. I have a home with a covered patio now but used to use one of those fold out open covers like for when you go to the beach, park, or camping that give you shade.

Something like one of these but alot less $$$$

Aluminum Rapid Shelter - 10 x 10 at REI.com

Thing saved my bacon more than one time when downpour strated during a winter BBQ day.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:10 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
You should try BBQ'ing up here in the winter. That thing wouldn't cut the poutine

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads