Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 AM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
Franks for chicken
Tabasco for breakfast
Tapatio for Mexican
Secret Aardvark for bbq and also wings.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:53 PM  

Saint Petersburg, Florida
I really like Richard's 'Garmageddon' (www.richardshotsauce.com) REALLY garlicky, and hot, but not too much.

I grow Bhut Jolokia peppers in my back yard, along with Scorpion peppers, Habaneros, and a bunch of hybrid Jalapenos

Old 11-16-2010, 08:33 PM  

Oxford, Pennsylvania
Just got into pepper growing this year. I really fell in love with the trinidad scorpions this summer. Hotter than anything I have ever had, but it is full of complex and delicious flavors.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 PM  

Clearwater, FL
Favorite hotsauce (don't laugh) tobasco.

Hottest ever: Da Bomb Ground Zero. Had it on some cuban rice/beans for lunch, threw up an hour later at work.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 AM  

Davenport, Iowa
I would rather shoot myself (in the foot) than eat a raw ghost pepper.

I recently was able to purchase "Frank's Red Hot, Extra Hot" at WallyWorld, which is pretty much the exact hot sauce that I have been looking for. See, I love the flavor of regular Frank's, but it is so mild that you can just about drink it. The "Extra Hot" version is much better and I have now attained one-ness with the Universe.

Sriracha is also very good, but it is a tiny bit too hot for me if I slather it on something too thick. I like to mix it with stuff and add it to stir fry, etc etc etc. The same company makes another product that is less liquidy and more pieces of garlic, pepper, and pepper seeds. Very flavorful and good, but I do forget the name all of the sudden.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:46 AM  

Davenport, Iowa
And by sriracha I mean Huy Fong Sriracha.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:49 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
And by sriracha I mean Huy Fong Sriracha.
Product of...who'dve guessed - CALIFORNIA. Great stuff! I also love Cholula, Tapatio when there's no Cholula, AZ Gunslinger, Butt in the Tubb, Dave's Inferno (?) (WOW), not too many others. That green Habanero stuff is good enough to drink straight outta the bottle, and there is this secret local tamatillo recipe that is just killer! El Pato is decent, and Buffalo chipotle sauce (I can't find it anymore) is nice and sweet.

Tabasco = pepper sauce, NOT HOT SAUCE. Might as well be drinking vinegar. Don't get me wrong - I like it when the Tabasco bottle isn't refilled with imitation junk (like IHOP and many other restaurants do), but they really need to cut out the vinegar...much like Louisiana and Frank's. Just kills the flavor and most of the heat.

Jalapeno jelly - I made that in junior high "Foods" class. You need the right jalapenos, not that canned woody crap for nachos. Got an A, but the jelly got a huge FAIL.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:59 AM  

Saint Petersburg, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
The same company makes another product that is less liquidy and more pieces of garlic, pepper, and pepper seeds. Very flavorful and good, but I do forget the name all of the sudden.
'Sambal Oelek'

More of a chili paste than a sauce. Yummy!
Old 12-12-2010, 12:38 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Cholula Hot Sauce. Not over powering. Perfect for many meals.
Peppercorns from Madagascar.
Pain is Good sauce.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:28 AM  

Northern California
Favorite hot sauces

It depends on the food, imo.

I like Crystals instead of McIlhenneys any day. Chef Paul Prudhomme has one that has garlic and other spices - which is simply the bomb on eggs!

Franks I like with bleu cheese - great for chicken, potato planks, anything fried

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!