Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-18-2010, 04:47 PM  

The keurig.

Worth getting one or just "THE" thing to buy this holiday season?

Old 12-18-2010, 07:32 PM  

Albany, NY
Its been the "thing" the past few years it seems. My wife got one last year and loves it. If you don't sit there and drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee in the morning its great. Pops her travel mug under it in the morning and 2 minutes later she's off to work. No need to spend 2 or 3 bucks at Dunkin' Donuts every morning. If you drink enough coffee to warrant making a whole pot, it'll probably be a little expensive. I just picked up 80 K-Cups at BJ's tonight for 37.99. About .50 a cup.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:25 PM  

Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
French press is the way to go. It's the best coffee that I've ever made. Granted it takes time to brew, but it's very good and you can brew a small or large amount. I don't use my drip coffee maker anymore.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:02 PM  

Carmel, NY
Depends on how picky you are with coffee. It is certainly great as far as convenience but the taste of the coffee is not that great.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:14 PM  
bearded brewer

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloLoco View Post
French press is the way to go. It's the best coffee that I've ever made.
Agreed. We'll setup the drip maker most mornings while we're getting ready for work, but the little bit of extra time it takes for the French press is totally worth it.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:07 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
We recently bought a Keurig, my wife and I both love it. And it has already paid for it's self. We used to spend $10.00 to $20.00 a day at Starbucks. And now we haven't been there once since we purchased to Keurig.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

I've had a Keurig for the last... I don't know... 3 or so years. Love it! I'm the only person in my house that drinks regular coffee, but my wife uses it for decaf and we use it for specialty items like Chai Latte, hot chocolate, mocha's, etc. etc. I can't justify brewing a whole pot and if I need more than one cup it only take 4 seconds to brew a second one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick91981 View Post
Depends on how picky you are with coffee. It is certainly great as far as convenience but the taste of the coffee is not that great.
What kinds have you had? I drink the Caribou coffee everyday and think it tastes great. I agree the Green Mountain isn't the best, or at least I didn't think so. But they have a bunch of different brands that make coffee for the Keurig.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:26 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
I've had a Keurig for the last... I don't know... 3 or so years. Love it! I'm the only person in my house that drinks regular coffee, but my wife uses it for decaf and we use it for specialty items like Chai Latte, hot chocolate, mocha's, etc. etc. I can't justify brewing a whole pot and if I need more than one cup it only take 4 seconds to brew a second one.

What kinds have you had? I drink the Caribou coffee everyday and think it tastes great. I agree the Green Mountain isn't the best, or at least I didn't think so. But they have a bunch of different brands that make coffee for the Keurig.
I drink the Caribou to. The one coffee I have been very disappointed in is the Paul Newman brand. The coffee it's self taste good,but for some reason that brand almost always fills the cup with coffee grounds. It is the only brand that I have had this problem with.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:19 AM  

Carmel, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post

We buy a few different brands at work. Usually in a variety pack. The only time I drink it is when I forget to bring my coffee from home. None of it is outright horrible, it just isn't all that good in my opinion.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick91981 View Post
We buy a few different brands at work. Usually in a variety pack. The only time I drink it is when I forget to bring my coffee from home. None of it is outright horrible, it just isn't all that good in my opinion.
I think that if you keep trying differant coffee's you will find one that you like. There are a lot of differant brands available.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.