Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Can you post your recipe?
It's so simple to make and so good to eat.

I used to mix my own spices but now I just use a good prepared curry paste like this stuff Patak's Authentic Indian Foods in Canada - Curry Pastes. I'm sure there's all kinds of brands, but that's the one I use and it's been good to me. Depending on the paste, the curry can be mild or wild.

I don't really follow a specific recipe. I basically improvise but you're going to need onions, a few cloves of garlic, either chicken, shrimp, goat, lamb or whatever, the curry paste, some canned or fresh Italian tomatoes, some colorful sweet peppers, chopped fresh coriander, coconut milk and salt and pepper.

So basically, coarsely chop up some onions. I use about 1 onion for every 2 lb meat. Slowly fry in some olive oil in a heavy pot until they just start to get soft. Add some minced garlic and cook for a few seconds. Stir in the chopped meat and fry on higher heat to cook and seal the meat. When it's looking good, remove from heat and add the curry paste and stir that mess up well. Add paste as required. Back on heat to cook gently. Add the Italian tomatoes, chop the suckers up and stir them in and let it all cook for a while, stirring occasionally. Chop up tomato chunks while stirring. While that's all cooking, coarsely chop some sweet peppers and toss them in. Let that cook a bit and it's basically ready.

At this point I turn it off and let it sit for a while, maybe have a beer or two. And then a few minutes before we want to eat I heat it all up quickly, add a can or so of coconut milk when it's good and hot, stir it up, and toss in a pile of fresh, chopped coriander.

I like it on rice, with nan bread. I may just go have a bowl if there's any left

Old 06-05-2011, 05:16 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Last nights dinner, at my friends place by the lake.
The 3 of us prepared it together, and it was awesome.
Sadly no pics of the homemade cheese scones that she made inside, in the oven, to go with it.
What did you make for dinner?-grilling-tonight.jpg 

Old 06-28-2011, 06:30 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Looking tasty BCboy!
Last weekend it rained like hell and was pretty chilly for this time of year so I made some more spaghettini putanesca.
Most of the essential ingredients are in the picture. Just missing the mushrooms and fresh italian parsley.
What did you make for dinner?-dsc01882.jpg 

Old 06-28-2011, 06:38 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Once those pickled eyebrows (aka anchovies) are chopped up and have cooked a little in olive oil with copious amounts of minced garlic, you're pretty well good to go. Toss in the capers, sliced black olives, some really good canned italian tomatoes, chopped mushrooms and some pepper and get that mess cooking. At some point I toss in some very fine top of the line freshly sliced parmesan and a little hot sauce to taste.

Obviously while all this is happening, the spaghettini is boiling until just al dente. YOu do not want to overcook those little semolina sticks
What did you make for dinner?-dsc01888.jpg 

Old 06-28-2011, 06:45 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Drain the pasta, crumble more parmesan into it and toss with the sauce. Fresh chopped parsley as a garnish.

Goes great with garlic bread (which I forgot to put in the oven on time)
What did you make for dinner?-dsc01887.jpg 

Old 06-30-2011, 03:52 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
I always forget to toss my bread in last minute. Ill have everyones plates set, ready to go and Im like "ah crap, guys. Forgot to cook the bread... as usual". haha
Old 07-13-2011, 08:45 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I had this for lunch the other day and it was GREAT!!
Two steamed mustard, relish and onion dogs with fresh fried fries.
And a Coke.
In the sun.
On the waterfront.
With ketchup.
Served from a bus window!
Yes!!
What did you make for dinner?-img00016-20110709-1424.jpg 

Old 07-14-2011, 10:43 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
I have so many pictures to upload on here. I just need to put my NIC back in my computer at home. Lame!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:34 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I hate using my camera when my hands are all greasy.
Had some sausages and potatoes with a cucumber salad for supper tonight.
No left overs
What did you make for dinner?-mmmmm1.jpg 

What did you make for dinner?-mmmmmm2.jpg 

Old 07-24-2011, 08:58 PM  

Since all I've had is salads for the last 6 weeks, I thought I would try my hands at some homemade cheese enchiladas tonight. Needless to say, I must have done something incorrect, because they tasted like crap. I guess salad is back on the menu for tomorrow... This single life sucks!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Food / Drink
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.