Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2010, 09:14 AM  

Ft Collins / Wellington, Colorado
I havnt been to Coopersmiths in years, but we did like the beer and the variety of brews they had to offer. How can you go wrong with Green Chili beer?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:21 AM  

Arvada, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musketear View Post
I am personally not a huge fan, I didn't like their beer and their food didn't strike me as spectacular. The service seemed decent though. But I have only been there once, so maybe it was a fluke.
I haven't been in years either. I live too far south to make it worthwhile. We always overtipped the bartenders and got great service and really small checks. But that has been a while ago. I wonder how hard it is to keep the passion for running a brewpub after so many years? I wonder if it starts to become a grind after a while.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:47 AM  

Ft. Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denlevi View Post
I havnt been to Coopersmiths in years, but we did like the beer and the variety of brews they had to offer. How can you go wrong with Green Chili beer?
How can you go wrong with Green Chili Beer is right! Sometimes they have a specialty like a lambic or mead, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
I wonder how hard it is to keep the passion for running a brewpub after so many years? I wonder if it starts to become a grind after a while.
Isn't all of life just a big grind?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:45 PM  

Thornton, Co
How about Sanford's on Harmony?
Unique atmosphere, killer burgers (although always a bit heavy on the salt)
Also a location in Rapid City.

I second Nordy's for BBQ
Old 12-08-2010, 01:35 PM  

Cortez, Colorado
Fort Collins has some great places to eat, but nothing beats the Pickle Barrel for lunch! I've moved to the Four Corners region of the state and still dream of the Funky Punky sandwich.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:37 PM  

Cortez, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Doesn't anybody like CooperSmiths anymore? I remember going there all the time for Fish-N-Chips on Friday.
Cooper Smith's used to be one of our hangouts in college. They had this awesome steak sandwich. I always thought their beer was just so-so, but it was a fun place to eat before hitting the rest of Old Town.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 PM  

Ft. Fun, CO
Charco Broiler is one of the best in town!

Nordy's is the best BBQ in NOCO!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:48 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
If you like fish and seafood there is a restaurant named "Fish" in Old Town. Definitely the best seafood in the area. If going for a quick meal, I ahve to agree with the Big City Burrito claim previously made.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:49 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
Also check out the aspen grill on the CSU campus next to the student center. Very good and you get to support the local students
Old 01-02-2011, 12:26 PM  
Will Travel By Jeep

Indianapolis, IN
It's been years, but I use to take dates to the Charco Broiler. I also remember the Rio Grande in Old Town, back when they were at their first location. Back then I think they were actually known more for their food.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads