Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 PM  

Georgia
Ft. Lauderdale - Yay or Nay!

Is Ft. Lauderdale a good place to live? What are the best neighborhoods for a middle class professional couple to live in? Does the city contain bug free homes and apartments?

Is the area crazily expensive? Are you missing any major restaurants or chain stores?

Is the whole place a teeming hive of scum of villainy? How bad is the crime? Do you keep the poor, unwashed, masses who yearn to be free on the other side of a river or anything? Are monitor lizards, iguanas, and anacondas hanging from every tree? Is the place going to fall into the sea when the wind blows?

Any general advice on the area would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:29 PM  

I am curious about this too. I doubt I would be moving there soon. But maybe in 3-4 years depending on work. I know Coral Springs is supposed to be nice, but what about Fort Lauderdale itself..?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:33 AM  

Just to give you my two cents on this, I moved from NYC to Ft Lauderdale back in 2005 ( yeah I now NY'ers are suppose to move to Miami) But I'm glad I dint make that mistake. FTL (Fort Lauderdale) has it's bad and good parts anything against the coast line is beautiful and tranquil to live in ...between I95 and the turnpike in FTL some of the neighborhoods are questionable. If crowding and questionable characters are an issue with you I would avoid OAKLAND PARK all together. Coral Springs is in my opinion is better than FTL, The only advantage FTL has is that is closer to the beach ( but the drive to the beach from Coral is 30min at best ) Also you might want to look into Northern Coconut creek ( north of sample road) I live there now and I have to say the area is a tad more upscale than Coral and FTL. The best peice of advice is take a day and experience what each area has top oofer and see which fits you best.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:04 AM  

It sucks! There are already too many people down here now. Stay Home! The skeeters are as big as robins and the gators are taking dogs and small children into the canals weekly. If the skeeters and the gators don't get you then If you like rich people with no regard and/ or if you like poor people with no regard then you'll fit in wonderfully! Last week some idiot was steeling cars and robbing jewelry stores across 2 counties. They finally caught up to him on the Ronnie Reagan Turnpike where it was shut-down for over 4 hours till they scraped him up off the center line. There is no middle class anymore. STAY HOME! Check out Arkansas and leave us alone almighty!http://cdn.cityprofile.com/forum/ima...elcomesign.gif NOT

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Bookmark this Page!