Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Fresno
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2010, 04:23 PM  

Fresno Dining

My Dad's out near Fresno and looking for a few restaurants to take him to when me & my wife visit. Steak or Tex-Mex.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:39 PM  

Atascadero, CA
Couple Suggestions

I would highly recommend the Doghouse Grill by Fresno State. Definitely try the tri-tip there. If not that, then Cool-Hand Luke's in Clovis would be another good stop. It's off of the 168 at Shaw.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:31 AM  

Central Ca.
The one thing I can't complain about in this town is there is no shortage of restaurants. Lots to choose from. Expensive to inexpensive.
Tahoe Joes, Yosemite Ranch, Outback, Flemmings, RuthsChris, CoolHandLuke to name a few steak places. Tons of Mexican places. Casa Corona is good. Toledo's in near Riverpark. many others. Italian... Luna's in Clovis is always good. Chinese... Imperial Garden near Blackstone and Herndon.
Too many others to list.

WRM
Old 12-28-2010, 06:46 PM  

Fresno, California
Max's Bistro (Bullard & West) has great food (not cheap, but a value for the quality), with an eclectic selection to satisfy basic tastes or somebody looking for some more unique California style dishes.

B&K Asian Kitchen on First north of Olive has wonderful authentic Lao/Thai food that my Southeast Asian friends swear by as the best in town. Not a great area of town, but great service and food. The owners have another place in NE Fresno (Herndon & Willow, I think) that is nicer area, but prices are higher and food is the same recipie.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:42 PM  

Fresno, CA
If you like more "higher end" try Limon. They have fantastic food!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:13 PM  

Casa Corona and Toledo's are 2 of my favorites for Mexican. Haven't tried Ruth's Chris yet (pricey) but have heard good things about it.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:17 PM  

Fresno, CA
DiCicco's for Italian food...
Old 02-23-2011, 10:09 AM  

you have to try BBQ4U it is the best around
Old 02-28-2011, 08:46 PM  

Central Ca.
New restaurant review...

The wifey and I just had lunch at the new Eureka Burger in the Palm bluffs area.
I must say... not overly impressed.

First off... the service was terrible!!! And although it was the lunch hour, it was ridiculously slow, and we never were checked on other than getting our burgers, and I could'nt even get a glass of water after I asked twice.
The food was OK, but a bit pricey IMHO. Their burgers are adveritsed as 'hand crafted', and the taste was good, but I thought they were rather small for the price and their fries were at best... average. We only had their regular burgers, so I can not comment on any of their other food. We "might" give them another try some other time... but we will see. There are lots of places in this town to get a good burger and not have to pay close to ten bucks... even if they do include the fries. Again... we'll see.

WRM

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Fresno
Bookmark this Page!