Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2010, 12:36 PM  

Euless, TX
Fort Worth Brewery

I'm looking for any breweries in Fort Worth that would be worth the drive.

I've been to Rahr's, and am happy to see them re-opened. Are there any other good places to grab a micro-brew in downtown? I'm a big fan of the Ginger Man, Flying Saucer, etc., and would love to find something new.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:22 PM  

Fort Worth, TX
The only things I would have suggested you have already tried. You might also check out some of the local home brewing stores. They might have some inside news on events. Try Foremans in Colleyville, Fort Worth Homebrew on 2824 SE Loop 820 and I think there is a place in Arlington where you can find craft beers. I think it's something like Dr Jeckyls lab, I have heard you can find some hard to find beers there.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:47 AM  

Cleburne, TX
There is also the Balconies distillery that does tours and taste testing in Waco. The last time I was there to pick up used barrels I ran into the Fort Worth home brew group.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:33 AM  

Fort Worth, Texas
yeah, I think Rahr kind of has the big ticket on Fort Worth...there's a restaurant down on Hulen called Covey that brews, but I've never been there.

J.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:58 PM  

Amarillo, TX
I've been to Covey a few times. Decent beer and I like the location alot.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:27 PM  

Ft. Worth, Texas
Bad news about the Covey. They shut down... Sorry to see a brewpub go under.

You could check out BJ's in Arlington. The beer is actually brewed at St. Arnold's in Houston, but they have some decent brew. The only other brewery I know of in the DFW area, besides Rahr, is Franconia, but they are in McKinney.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:49 AM  

Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnalyst View Post
I'm looking for any breweries in Fort Worth that would be worth the drive.

I've been to Rahr's, and am happy to see them re-opened. Are there any other good places to grab a micro-brew in downtown? I'm a big fan of the Ginger Man, Flying Saucer, etc., and would love to find something new.
If you have never been to the T&P, its a great little place in the T&P Train Station of the TRE located downtown on Lancaster just west of Main.
Nate is the owner and features a rotator tap as recommended by the Cap & Hare Homebrew Club.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 PM  

League City, TX
4 years ago there was a startup brewery that only did organic brews. I never went as they had very infrequent tours and it just never worked out. I don't recall the name or location but am pretty sure it was in NW FtW.

Someone mentioned Rahr "re-opened"? Why did they close? What happened? I used to go there all the time! I used to tour when Ugly Pug was just in a carboy in the walk-in and all that was on tap was Red and Blonde! Ask about Fritz's M?nage ? trois!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 AM  

Fort Worth, TX
The heavy snow we had last year damaged their roof.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Bookmark this Page!