Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2010, 02:52 PM  

North Richland Hills, TX
Nrh flyer distribution ordinance

I work for myself so I have to do my own advertising. As of late, that has comprised of taping business cards door-to-door. I've got to admit I was already aware of an nrh law about needing a permit to do such. But I just figured it was such small potatoes that they wouldn't really enforce it. Darn my luck. I was stopped by a patrol SUV yesterday and luckily got off with just a warning. Needless to say, this morning pronto I was at city hall getting my permit. $10 for 30 days. No big deal. Gotta admit, that little badge makes me feel so important. haha.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:47 AM  

North Richland Hills, Texas
You could always just pay me to do it!

Old 10-27-2010, 01:04 PM  

In my area, they hire "Illegals" to walk the neighborhood and throw business cards at our front door. I make it a point to remember these companies and never do business with them, or occasionally I will call them threatening to call the cops for littering on my property. Yep, I might be mean, but I don't have one tree on my property, and most cards and fliers are tree trimming outfits.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:18 AM  

North Richland Hills, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by iijakii View Post
You could always just pay me to do it!
If I had the cash I'd be more than happy to.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:12 AM  

Fort Worth, Texas
That ordinance came along in the 90's the people got tired of the liquor lobby putting stuff on their doors trying to influence them to approve booze sales in their fair burg. North of 820 the denizen's are a little less stodgy than those to the south, where it is full of those Bible thumpers who have lived in their homes for 30 plus years.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:30 PM  

Haltom City, Texas
North Reichland Hills is nothing but a bunch of nazis, every dealing I have had with their city governmet or their services (PD FD SS) they have proven to be arrogant and self riteous. I swear they probably have an ordenance about BREATHING heavy, I make a point to try and avoid doing business in NRH. Come pass cards out in Haltom City, we dont bite.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:25 PM  

Fort Worth, TX
Here is a link to their ordinances;
Municode.com | Online Library

Search for handbills for complete details.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:37 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
How many do you do per month? Here in Austin there is a service that does it and they do it quite cheap.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:20 AM  

North Richland Hills, TX
I do maybe 1,000 or 2,000 per month. Austin? That's where I learned my trade. During the boomin' 90s that is.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:05 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor86 View Post
I do maybe 1,000 or 2,000 per month. Austin? That's where I learned my trade. During the boomin' 90s that is.
What is your business?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Bookmark this Page!