Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2010, 06:27 AM  

Fort Worth, Texas
good to know about the base, ill have to check it out

Old 12-16-2010, 06:03 PM  

St Simons Island, Georgia
Lone Star Jeep Club has a web site and forum...Google them and you'll get plenty of info.

If you have no luck, go to IH8MUD.com and link to the Lone Star Land Cruiser forum. We have plenty of members who wheel non-Toyotas and usually get out wheeling quite-a-bit...

Old 12-19-2010, 10:38 AM  

Wichita Falls, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPoot View Post
Bridgeport off-road park is very close to you. They have a wide range of trails from 1-5. Deffinitely worth a look see.
^This^ I've heard good things about it.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:37 AM  

Fort Worth, Texas
x2 on bridgeport. we go up there all the time. and I'm a member of Lone Star Jeep Club as well. lots of good wheeling to be had around.

a couple of us are heading to Clayton, OK, over christmas. those trails are mostly 5+ and for very built rigs, but anyone who wants is welcome to join us.

J.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:18 PM  

Gainesville, Texas
I just picked up a mostly stock 90' YJ and am looking for somewhere close. I'm up by Ray Roberts lake. Is Bridgeport going to be the nearest?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:37 PM  

Yeah, it's the closest. You need to get an OHV sticker for $8 from the state, but they sell them there in the office.

Bridgeport, TX - Official Website - Northwest OHV Park
Old 01-27-2011, 02:55 PM  

College Station, Texas
"LBJ National Grasslands"

not many places to get off road in the grasslands. beautiful area though. you definitely need to get on their website and order a map before going
Old 01-27-2011, 03:44 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by txjake View Post
Go out to the old Ft Wolters Army Base in Mineral Wells, west of Weatherford. There is a an area over across from teh ruins of the old theater, that has some decent trails and a small wall. You can also access it from the back road of the base, where the flight line was.
Is this the spot? I see where it looks like roads to the north in a grid, presumably barracks? The the SW of the road grid it looks like an old runway.

Bing Maps
Old 01-27-2011, 03:50 PM  

[quote=txjake;24409]
Or is it this?
Bing Maps
After Bing loads click Road and choose birds eye view.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:18 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadjoe1998 View Post
I recently got back into off-roading, after my last Wrangler was totaled. It has been years since I was able to go wheelin and don't know where any good, legal places are anymore. Where can I go put my "new" Wrangler through its paces for just a couple hours after work whenever the urge strikes? I live about 30 min. northwest of Ft. Worth in Springtown.
Bridgeport is ok. I went out there this summer, but not very many people there. I hear good things about Gilmer.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Bookmark this Page!