Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 04:09 PM  

Tourist activities around town

Hi there, Howdy,

I'm considering a holiday to Texas soon and want to know what things I should get up to while I'm there. Any suggestions welcome, including places to eat and visit. I'm in my 30s and have a family so, no nightclubs!

Old 12-28-2010, 07:14 PM  

Suwanee, Georgia
I'll be doing the same this summer so I will be following this thread. Thanks.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:03 AM  

Fort Worth, TX
Ugh, the stinking forum dumped my post because I wasn't logged in. Just as well because it was lengthly.

If you like parks I recommend Big Bend, Dinosaur Valley (which is also near Fossil Rim Wildlife Refuge) or the Hill Country.

Ft Worth has the stockyards which has a nice rodeo and daily cattle drive down exchange street. We have an awesome zoo and great museums. Check out other postings in this forum for recommended restaurants.

Texas gets a bit warm in late July thorough early September so keep that in mind.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:29 PM  

Sundance Square in Downtown Fort Worth is really nice. There's free parking nights and weekends, and ton of good places to eat and shop.

My favorites downtown are:
- Bass Hall (music / symphony performances)
- Piranha killer sushi
- Mi Cocina (Mexican food)
- Movie theater

And there's usually some sort of family friendly festival going on. You should check that out.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:30 PM  

As mentioned earlier, the stockyards are right down the road from downtown and they have some good restaurants like Lonesome Dove Bistro and H3 Steakhouse.

I think on Wednesdays they have a cowboy shootout re-enactment and all sorts of other stuff to see.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:32 PM  

Almost forgot, Fort Worth also has an awesome Zoo. There's a small train that does a little trip and returns, half way through stopping for snacks (Coke/popcorn/etc) that we always take the kids on. The train is really cheap, a couple bucks per person if I remember right.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 AM  

Coppell, Texas
What part of the state are planning on traveling to? What activities does your family enjoy?
Lots to see and do. Depending on where you are traveling from it can take HOURS to reach parts of the state.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 PM  

Fresno, CA
I loved the Stock Yards when I went there. Very Cool place
Old 01-18-2011, 02:44 PM  

Arlington, Texas
The book depository in Dallas is pretty popular (obviously).
If you want a good TEXAS sized burger, go by a Snuffer's while you're here (and you have to get an order of loaded cheese fries. Trust me)
Old 01-21-2011, 02:56 PM  

Cleburne, Texas
You can't go wrong with the FTW area...no matter what you like. Not far from Six Flags and some great sporting arenas!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Ft Worth
Bookmark this Page!