Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: City or Rural
I prefer living in the Metro area 4 6.78%
I prefer living in a Rural area 55 93.22%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2011, 09:31 PM  

I live half time on a farm in the country and half in Portland, OR. I'd have to say it's a hard call, but the country (now that we have DSL) is hard to beat.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
I was reared on a "farm"......and still like the old saying, "you can take the boy from the country, but you can't take the country from the boy"....

Old 02-12-2011, 04:43 AM  

Houston tx, Texas
I've lived in NYC, and now in a small town just outside of Houston. I never thought id say this, but I really do prefer the small town. It's so much more relaxing. Its nice to be able to come home and pull in a driveway instead of driving around the block for an hour trying to find an empty spot.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:55 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx

Old 02-14-2011, 07:45 AM  
fustrated genius

Most people would consider where I live now beyond rural. I live in the desert. Haul in water. Until recently was strictly on self produced solar power and it takes about 1/2 hour just to get to pavement. It has it's bad points, broken axles and control arms, dirt EVERYWHERE. You have to wear high top boots to step outside at night because of rattlesnakes, things like that. But anytime things look bad, and I feel like moving, I just take a ride into the closest major city. The sunsets, sunrises, just the suroundings in general are stunningly beautiful here, the stars at night are UNBELIEVABLE. I'll stick to beyond rural, way the dag nabbit past BFE.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:08 PM  

HiHood

I can see the attraction to living beyond rural. My family has a ranch here in Oregon. I have seen some beutiful skylines and wildlife myself. I spent time seeing the world in the military and lived in the city, and rural too. I can't make up my mind completely, but I lean rural.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:57 PM  
Live From Mars

Fairfield County, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNTx View Post

Any horses in town here are hitched to wagons or buggies. (Amish cars and trucks. )

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.