Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2010, 12:47 PM  

Drain, OR
I'm all for abandoning DST. I don't see the value in it currently. I know that when they change the dates that it occurred on recently it cost millions to update computer systems throughout the country so that they would adjust the time on the new date. Seemed like a huge waste.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:22 AM  

i love the term daylight spending time. i have used it all of my life to help separate the time change daylight spending in the winter and daylight savings in the summer
it would be nice to have only one time though

Old 08-16-2011, 06:48 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
so glad

This is the first forum I have ever read where almost everyone loves Daylight Saving Time! Thank goodness!
I live in western Ohio and I hate when we switch back to standard time. I am very glad that it is being switched now in November and switched again mid-March. When I was growing up in the 1970s, the time changes were at the end of April and October. A lot of wasted daylight.
When you have both poor night vision and seasonal affective disorder, Daylight Saving Time is a miracle!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:46 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
This is the first forum I have ever read where almost everyone loves Daylight Saving Time! Thank goodness!
I live in western Ohio and I hate when we switch back to standard time. I am very glad that it is being switched now in November and switched again mid-March. When I was growing up in the 1970s, the time changes were at the end of April and October. A lot of wasted daylight.
When you have both poor night vision and seasonal affective disorder, Daylight Saving Time is a miracle!
Skipper, you're the third person to comment on here about that...........
Old 08-17-2011, 04:51 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Screw Standard Time! DST, year-round! Nothing good happens before 9AM; there's no need to waste daylight on it! Save that daylight from the morning and transplant it to the afternoon!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:30 PM  
fustrated genius

All you guys/gals can keep springing ahead and fall backing your clocks, I'll just stay here in good old AZ where we don't do none of that silly nonsense.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:03 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
standard time

Only a week since the time change and I already miss DST.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:15 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
All you guys/gals can keep springing ahead and fall backing your clocks, I'll just stay here in good old AZ where we don't do none of that silly nonsense.
Must be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
Only a week since the time change and I already miss DST.
Me too. Used to be I could get off work go home and throw the ball a little.

Now it's to dark.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:28 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood
When you live in Dirt Desert, AZ who cares what time it is? All that matters, is the sun up or down?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:15 PM  

Kent, Ohio
It's a conspiracy perpetuated by electric producers and the television industry, I tells ya!

It annoys the hell out of me because my assignments come in from my clients throughout the work day - 9 to 5 local time - and they are typically due within 24 to 48 hours. Due to the additional scheduling conflicts, my driving time and vehicle expenses increase roughly 20% during standard time.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!