Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2010, 02:58 PM  

Chattanooga, GA
Crime in general. And the crime rates appear higher for those cities that have the toughest gun controls. What is up with that?

Old 10-21-2010, 04:07 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Opportunity. Knowing you won't lose you life. There's a lot at play there.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:23 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
I don't know what issues affect Bellevue because I just moved here from Seattle.
In Seattle the major issue is liberal stupidity.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:53 PM  

astoria, oregon
Here in Astoria, Oregon the major problems are the meth addicts and the drunk drivers. Other than that the worst problem in migrant workers and illegals, these two groups are quiet and stay to themselves though so its not really to big a problem.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:47 AM  

Milton, Fl
Rush hour on a dern 2 lane highway that goes right through the middle of the city. Lack of strategic planning on the part of the city government.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:48 PM  
Special Agent

Fennville, MI
Our road in Michigan are horrible. Worst in the country I swear. Few people have meth labs around the parts too. I think they should arrest them for bioterrists and that would give them different treatment than normal crooks, thiefs etc.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 PM  

Georgia
Tallahassee seems to grapple a lot with development issues. As a state capital and college town, the city is dominated by state government. Many people and local officials are satisfied with the status quo and do very little to attract industry and economic development to the area. As the area is surrounded by national forest, many people are environmentalists and don't want much residential and commercial development either.

Now, we have a new governor and a new legislature and the promise of 5% cuts across the board in state government. It's scary because state government workers already get treated like dirt and go years without raises. It would be nice to have strong private sector employers in Tallahassee to offer better jobs and an alternative to government work.

The anti-development mood extends into opposition to many basics that people in other cities take for granted. For example, the city has been very slow to put in sidewalks in areas with high pedestrian traffic. I'm fairly conservative, but I hate to see poor people, students, and kids forced to walk in muddy, rugged, and potentially snake-infested, roadside or in the roadway because the environmentalists don't want to lose some trees.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:47 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Out here on Oahu the meth is really bad, too. I wish they'd step up the punishments for them, too. More than anything - I don't want my kids to be in school with people like that.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-23-2010, 12:35 PM  

Titusville, FL
As the Shuttle program dies on the Space Coast, so do our cities.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:51 PM  

Drain, OR
Jobs, jobs, jobs I'd say... We were a booming timber town back in the day. Now we aren't. With it went a large part of our economy. We're on a main transportation road that runs out to the coast from the middle of the state, so that's a plus. But our local businesses haven't done a great job convincing all the people driving through to stop...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!