Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2014, 06:29 PM  

Nevada
Number of Posts

I'm just curious. This appears to be a well set up discussion forum with a large number of members - according to the figures at the bottom of the home page. Yet it seems that only the moderator starts discussions.

Can anyone explain why?

I regularly post on others on a daily basis. I average between six and 15 every day and they are clearly conservative, anti-Obama/Democrats - along with a wide variety of others.

Yet, I've been accused of being a troll for doing so. Would the same thing happen here? Just because the moderators doesn't agree with my views, would that get me banned or barred?

Just wondering.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:48 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
We would like for you to start discussions. We have been the only ones interested in starting discussions, other than EddieT.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:14 AM  

We don't expect everyone to have the same political views. Post away...let's get this forum active as it once was!
Old 07-13-2014, 07:45 AM  

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
We don't expect everyone to have the same political views. Post away...let's get this forum active as it once was!
Well, okay here goes!
Old 07-13-2014, 08:01 AM  

Nevada
Okay, let's see if any of these get things started - or stirred up.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:22 AM  

Nevada
Okay, this is kind of discouraging.

It's not as if people aren't viewing my posts but it seems nobody wants to discuss them.

More than a bit disappointing.

But, I'm going to continue to post them thru this Friday. And, if the inactivity continues, I'll stop kicking sand.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:03 AM  

We appreciate your efforts!
Old 07-15-2014, 10:07 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcabbie View Post

It's not as if people aren't viewing my posts but it seems nobody wants to discuss them.

But, I'm going to continue to post them thru this Friday. And, if the inactivity continues, I'll stop kicking sand.
Sorry, we just don't have many active members.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:22 AM  

Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcabbie View Post

If your topics are just going to consist of hurling hate venom and vitriol at the duly elected President and the majority of voters who put him there i guess there are better places to air your discontent.I can think of one big rightwing forum that looks just like this one where you can spend hours debating all manner of political issues
That said, fire up a few topics on your take on the issues and if you keep everything respectful some members may engage in some civil discourse.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:28 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If your topics are just going to consist of hurling hate venom and vitriol at the duly elected President and the majority of voters who put him there i guess there are better places to air your discontent.I can think of one big rightwing forum that looks just like this one where you can spend hours debating all manner of political issues
That said, fire up a few topics on your take on the issues and if you keep everything respectful some members may engage in some civil discourse.
That would be the reason that many people don't post. About all you find on internet political forums is hate speech.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!