Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: Should alcohol be banned in public?
Yes 27 15.88%
No 143 84.12%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2011, 07:04 AM  

Riverview, Florida
It looks like the Poll says it all, it's pretty lopsided in favor of not banning alcohol. Or from reading some of the posts, not banning anything. I think most of us are sick and tired of the Govt telling us what's good or bad for us. It's time they got out of our lives and our business's.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:31 AM  

North of Wausau, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbump View Post
It looks like the Poll says it all, it's pretty lopsided in favor of not banning alcohol. Or from reading some of the posts, not banning anything.

I think most of us are sick and tired of the Govt telling us what's good or bad for us. It's time they got out of our lives and our business's.

I couldn't of said it better myself. Very encouraging that people see EXACTLY what the commies are doing to us.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:39 PM  

Virginia Beach, Virginia
In Close Quarters only.

I have a fear of Government Control of issues that are of a general nature. It reminds me of piggy backing important legislation with junk (a waste of tax dollars). I would, however, back legislation that bans alcohol in public where the public has few options and are at the mercy of stupid drunks. A sporting events is a perfect example (try attending an Eagles home game in Philadelphia when you are a fan of the opposing team). I have never seen a more desperate need to ban alcohol at a sporting event. I hope that the rude and disgusting actions experienced at Eagle home games are because of alcohol consumtion and not the norm.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:56 PM  

Moorpark, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by westneck37
I have a fear of Government Control of issues that are of a general nature. It reminds me of piggy backing important legislation with junk (a waste of tax dollars). I would, however, back legislation that bans alcohol in public where the public has few options and are at the mercy of stupid drunks. A sporting events is a perfect example (try attending an Eagles home game in Philadelphia when you are a fan of the opposing team). I have never seen a more desperate need to ban alcohol at a sporting event. I hope that the rude and disgusting actions experienced at Eagle home games are because of alcohol consumtion and not the norm.
If you don't like drunk football fans then don't go to football games.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:57 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by westneck37 View Post
I hope that the rude and disgusting actions experienced at Eagle home games are because of alcohol consumtion and not the norm.
Nah, pretty much SOP for many in the City of Brotherly Love.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:35 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
If you can afford to go to a football game and Drink you must be haning out with Bill Gates. Even our Local team the cheap seats are $200+. SCREW THAT.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:00 AM  

Wading River, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by westneck37 View Post
I disagree with gregg887.. You should be able to go to any event and have a good time. Drunk and disorderly is not acceptable. Don't Ban Alcohal, Bring back big cops and night sticks AND USE THEM. Eventually people will get back in line...Consequences for stupidity seems to be missing in this day and age.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 PM  

wichita, ks
Why is is if 1 person doesn't like something it should be allowed? What ever happened to live and let live? No that's not good enough anymore! People have to try and force their beliefs on others and frankly in sick and tired of it! If I want to go to the park or lake and have a beer and a smoke its none of anybodies buisness but my own!!!!!!! If you don't like it don't partake in it! But leave me the heck alone you not my parents and I'm not a child! There are to many stupid laws already that go un enforced why not put a little effort into enforcment instead of more BS laws to make you feel better about yourself.

Rant off
Old 07-21-2011, 11:02 AM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
I am against any new law taking away rights. I see some replies where people think it is for public safety. I am out a lot on public lands and other public places that alcohol is being consumed and I know a lot of people who drink that are responsible drinkers. I have never seen any danger having the kids with me. I see big groups at day use parks or camped drinking and having fun hanging out with their friends and families. We go to a lot of places that server alcohol I have not seen any drunks causing problems in public in years. Then again I do not got to parks or bars on the bad side of town. Not because of drunks but just problem people in general. Alcohol doesn't cause problems, people do.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:18 AM  

Douglasville, Georgia
I pretty much agreed with you until the last sentence. Alcohol does create problems. I deal with people on a daily basis that act like asses because of alcohol, which would not normally act that way. I have numerous friends who are great people, until you get a drink or two in them. BUT, I still think those people should be dealt with individually, just as we should deal with allot of other problems the same way. Government just don't have any business in certain things. When the iceburg tips to where there are more biligerent drunks than mellow one's, then the governement should step in.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!