Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2011, 01:32 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Spooky Places Around Town

Halloween was always my favorite time of year. Every town has a haunted house, or cemetery, or abandoned _____ all the kids talked about but few seldom ventured into.

When I was kid it was the old Wolf House at the corner of 29. Long standing and deserted at least a decade before my birth this house stood till it was demolished to make way for strip malls.

I wish I had a picture, the romantic in me thinks it was a castle, the realist says it was a castle too and somewhere in between I'm sure I'm right.

So what was your town's spooky place? If you feel like admitting to trespassing let us know if you ever went in it.

I did.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:49 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
This.

It's just an old water tower in Senneville that was built by James Morgan (yah, one of those Morgans) about 115 years ago to feed his fields, but at night it was a pretty scary place with the guard dogs snarling at your heels.
Spooky Places Around Town-tower-02.jpg.jpg 

Spooky Places Around Town-3084729123_1fd318bf8b.jpg 

Spooky Places Around Town-3084724191_7a1a35a0ce.jpg 

Spooky Places Around Town-3084727455_0723b0e211.jpg 

Old 10-11-2011, 02:57 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Another spooky place was the Last Post Fund National Field of Honour in Pointe Claire. We used to go there at night when we were still kids (10-12) and before we really knew what respect was.

It's now a National Historic Site of Canada, and all I can say is God bless the veterans that are buried there.
Spooky Places Around Town-photo_426465_resize.jpg 

Old 10-11-2011, 09:30 PM  
Traveler

i like spooky-up in them thar hills in the mountains of north Ga--nc, tn---there are haints and moonshine and all kinds of things. lol--grew up with all that--not afraid.

in Savannah--there are ghosts--lots of them--mysterious --and fine. lived there--loved it--nurtures creativity--i write--so i like all kinds of 'wierd' things.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil--fine book and film. that Kevin Spacey--he is a 'bad, bad man'--lol--love it. just do it Kev, you go guy.

I saw the house and the cemetery---lived on Whitemarsh/Wilmington Island--best place I have ever lived. Oatland Island--took my heathen fifth graders on an overnight camping trip there. some were scared of the woodland animals--living in the projects they were scared of a lot of things. it was so good for them to spend a few hours in nature--got their feet in the mud and had some fun. maybe the best experience any of us had ever had.

sigh-Savannah--Moon River--my daddy grew up in Bethesda Boys' Home--complex, sensitive man--Mel Gibson type. Braveheart. (((dad)))

lots of problems there, too--always have been. Sherman loved Savannah and didn't burn it--didn't care much for Atlanta--burned it down. scary---'rise from the ashes'--the Phoenix--we built it back.

some spooky places around Midtown Atlanta--Piedmont Park, Inman Park--lot's of the history went down in flames. the natives still know how to find it--lol--we be chillin.

scary stories---i can tell a few--teller of tales--that is me. I can scare people to death with the truth--Jeremiah that I am. LOL--ROFLMAO!!

it is true--you can't run or hide from GOD--he will get you--that scares a lot of people. Some need to be more afraid. Lots of people who think they are Good may very well be going to "H"--they should. jmo.

the 'divvil' --i have met him--a lot like Charlie Daniels. 'Devil Went Down to Georgia'--yes, he did--oh, yes he did. and there was 'Fire on the Mountaintop'---if that is where I'm going--at least i'll enjoy the music.

ducking and running like the wind.

read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon if you want to know more. mmmhmmm-she is considered spawn of the devil by the Catholic church-shrug--she doesn't care. not afraid---told a few stories they didn't want told--read and loved by many. The Truth--somebody has got to tell it. so she did.

so I do, too.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:29 PM  
Traveler

Brains, Boobs, Beer, and Butter: Midnight in the garden of the good and great
Old 10-12-2011, 07:36 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
This.

It's just an old water tower in Senneville that was built by James Morgan (yah, one of those Morgans) about 115 years ago to feed his fields, but at night it was a pretty scary place with the guard dogs snarling at your heels.
I feel ignorant, which Morgans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Another spooky place was the Last Post Fund National Field of Honour in Pointe Claire. We used to go there at night when we were still kids (10-12) and before we really knew what respect was.

It's now a National Historic Site of Canada, and all I can say is God bless the veterans that are buried there.
I still spend a lot of time in them when I can. The history of Texas is spelled out on tombstones in my area, everything from cholera epidimics to civil war veterans are still within reach.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:06 PM  

Houston, Texas
Closer to home in Austin, the capital building or anywhere else Rick Perry has been. Veeeeerrrrryyyy scary.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > General City Discussion
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads