Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2010, 05:03 PM  
rub a dub dub

between your ears talking to ya, Georgia
I'm from Memphis so not much impresses me here in ATL. I have to say, Fat Matt's was a close call to actual BBQ.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:16 PM  

Augusta, Georgia
I cant speak about ATL barbeque, But if your ever in Augusta you have to try Sconyers Barbeque. He cooked for Jimmey carter on the White House lawn in the 70's.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:44 AM  

GA
I really like Fat Matt's when I am in town working. Otherwise, I have a couple of good ones around Woodstock and Canton. Bubba-Q has really good ribs and Williamson Bros is not bad for some quick BBQ.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:30 AM  

Georgia
If you're in the Alpharetta or Cumming area, make the drive up to Amos BBQ - this is a small family owned place on 369 (actually has a Ball Ground address) It's an old farmhouse that was moved from it's original location in S GA, I believe. The place is VERY rustic, and a great place to buy firewood as well! Their pulled pork sandwiches are great, and they have brisket that is out of this world! Go let David and the rest of the crew hook you up!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 AM  

Cumming, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3S00W View Post
I'm from Memphis so not much impresses me here in ATL. I have to say, Fat Matt's was a close call to actual BBQ.
I'm with you on that. I grew up eating Rendezvouz ribs, Interstate BBQ, and Three Little Pigs.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:37 PM  

chatsworth, georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsunshades View Post
If you're in the Alpharetta or Cumming area, make the drive up to Amos BBQ - this is a small family owned place on 369 (actually has a Ball Ground address) It's an old farmhouse that was moved from it's original location in S GA, I believe. The place is VERY rustic, and a great place to buy firewood as well! Their pulled pork sandwiches are great, and they have brisket that is out of this world! Go let David and the rest of the crew hook you up!
I go through there a couple of times a week and always get hungry smelling their food cooking. I will have to stop in and give them a try.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
The BBQ places in Atlanta I enjoy in order of preference are as follows. Atlanta is not Memphis, the Carolinas or Texas so you have to rate with an open mind.

Fat Matt's, JRs, Williams and Bros, One Star Ranch.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:36 PM  

Atlanta, GA
The best BBQ in Atlanta is at my house.

No one has mentioned Pappy Red's.

And I agree that Fat Matt's is one of the better BBQ establishments in Atlanta. Fox Bros isn't bad either.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:23 AM  

Roswell, GA
X2 on The Swallow in Roswell, but I hear that BubbaQ in Woodstock and Jasper has won some awards for their brisket.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:45 PM  

Douglasville, Georgia
My dad swears by Harold's in Atlanta, been eating there for about 50 years

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.