Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2011, 07:15 AM  

Cumming, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3S00W View Post
I'm from Memphis so not much impresses me here in ATL. I have to say, Fat Matt's was a close call to actual BBQ.
I didn't know Georgia doesn't have great BBQ until I dated a girl from N. Carolina. We have good BBQ but not great, nothing that makes your mouth water thinking about it or that will make you drive an hour or two because you just gotta have it.

That said...

Fresh Air in Jackson for pulled pork sandwiches.

Harolds for stew and cracklin cornbread.

Spiced Right for ribs.

Williamson Brothers is good BBQ too.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:21 PM  
Martian Member

Larryville, Georgia
Harold's used to be The Place. Their long-time Boulevard location (near the Federal Pen) is an interesting place, but I've heard that they're closed their other location (Stockbridge?). I certainly haven't tried all the possibilities, but I think Fat Matt's is very good. They used to have a band on the weekends, which made it very entertaining. (The place is fairly small.)

Old 01-05-2011, 06:00 AM  

Cumming, Georgia
I believe Harolds is still open but I haven't been there in quite a while. I called the number and it still rings but nobody answered and there wasn't an answering machine. I hope it's not closed, that's where my Grandfather and I always went after a day of fishing.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 AM  

Cumming, Georgia
Went to a place called Smokejack in Cumming last weekend. It was decent, my girlfriend had the pulled pork and it was good. On a scale of 1-10 I give their ribs a 5.

They did have queso and chips with their pulled pork in it. That was different, the queso was only so-so but the pulled pork helped it out a lot.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:00 AM  

I used to only want to go to Fox Bros. since I always enjoyed it and never wanted to risk going somewhere else. I agree the fried pickles/jalapenos are great. But the other day my wife was saying we should try somewhere new and we went to Community. It was really good. Ribs were great. I will definitely go back especially if I am over that way.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:16 AM  

Kingston, Georgia
Bubba Q in Jasper is great..In Kingston try Harrbque.. I like Williams Bro, Slopes and a few others.. But the best is the BBQ I make

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.