Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-25-2010, 07:09 PM  

Boston, MA
GT is and will always be the best Engineering school in GA.

UGA has plenty of great programs, and the best football team.

Kennesaw is up and coming. A lot of their academics are topping UGA and they have a good soccer team and a decent baseball team.

Life is one of the top chiropractic schools in the country and has a nasty rugby team.

I went to GT for a year before I transferred to the Coast Guard Academy. I regret transferring due to the fact that CGA doesnt have a Chemical Engineering program.

But then again I havent really touched my Mechanical Engineering degree since I have been out.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:27 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Overall it is GT. As good as MIT but with better athletics.

Academically GT is way above anything in the state that is public Tech's business school is better than UGA and that's one of GT's "lower ranked" programs and one of UGA's best. Tech is 35 nationally and UGA somewhere in the 50s UGA has become more selective from a percentage of applied students only because of the huge volume of applicants. HOPE has driven this increase.

But UGA is the #1 party school.

From an athletic standpoint overall GT and UGA are pretty comparable when evaluating the entire sports spectrum. Recently UGA has an edge in football, GT in basketball and near equal in baseball.

Atlanta has way more to offer than Athens. Pro sports, museums, restaurants, parks, etc. Multiple places of higher learning - Emory, the AUC.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:38 AM  
Injanir

Griffin, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLbrewjacket View Post
Overall it is GT. As good as MIT but with better athletics.

Academically GT is way above anything in the state that is public Tech's business school is better than UGA and that's one of GT's "lower ranked" programs and one of UGA's best. Tech is 35 nationally and UGA somewhere in the 50s UGA has become more selective from a percentage of applied students only because of the huge volume of applicants. HOPE has driven this increase.

But UGA is the #1 party school.

From an athletic standpoint overall GT and UGA are pretty comparable when evaluating the entire sports spectrum. Recently UGA has an edge in football, GT in basketball and near equal in baseball.

Atlanta has way more to offer than Athens. Pro sports, museums, restaurants, parks, etc. Multiple places of higher learning - Emory, the AUC.
Meh, If you're looking at academics as a whole yes GT has an advantage but if you look at individual departments and colleges you'll find many are just as good if not better than GT's. As far as ATL vs. Athens, I'm biased because I'm from Athens and am not too fond of many parts of Atlanta. It's true their might be more to do but you'll get a completely different experience in Athens that you can't get in Atlanta.

Athletics wise I'd say UGA has a bit more than an edge, 9 of the last 10 we have owned GT in football and basketball is on the rise here with Mark Fox taking over.

On top of that I have an engineering degree from UGA and it's served me well.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:24 PM  

Athens, Georgia
Georgia Tech for Academics and UGA for Athletics. My opinion at least...
Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 PM  

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
UGA go dawgs!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:38 PM  

atlanta, georgia
Emory or Oglethorpe are the two best academic wise. If your looking to party just go to GA Southern.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:10 AM  

Augusta, GA
I'm an Augusta STate University college of business graduate so I'm a little partial.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 PM  

Chatsworth, GA
I'll tell you which college is NOT the best in Georgia, Dalton State.

My vote for the best would go to Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources because that's where I'm getting ready to transfer too!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:08 PM  

Go dawgs!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 PM  

UGA is the best. Ah, we are beginning to take over the project. Hectares. Then is an alumnus and Athens locals may HP 02 make my bias.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads