Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2011, 01:38 PM  

Marietta, GA
Drive a Jeep?

Hi, I found out about this site on JeepForum.com through a promotional giveaway and was just wondering how many people in my area have Jeeps and where do you like to take them off-road?

I have a Liberty, which doesn't count, because I don't take it off-road, but my hubby has a 2000 Jeep Wrangler (Sahara). We like to go up to Jones Creek, but would like to find some closer areas, if there are any. We live in Woodstock, GA on the Roswell/East Cobb line.

So, even if you don't live close to us, where do you like to go off-road?!

Old 01-04-2011, 03:50 PM  
Martian Member

Larryville, Georgia
Do you have a "street-only" Liberty--or do you just not drive off-road?

I have a diesel Liberty that is trail-rated. It certainly is not as off-road capable as most of the Wranglers and I don't go rock-crawling with it, but I do drive it in moderately rough terrain.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:40 PM  

Canton, GA
Live in Canton. I have a 95 YJ and the wife has a Liberty
Old 01-05-2011, 08:15 AM  

Marietta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
Do you have a "street-only" Liberty--or do you just not drive off-road?

I have a diesel Liberty that is trail-rated. It certainly is not as off-road capable as most of the Wranglers and I don't go rock-crawling with it, but I do drive it in moderately rough terrain.
It's trail rated! I do take it off-road a little, just to get to campsites, etc., but it's not 4 wheel drive. We always take the Wrangler with us, too, when we go somewhere where we want to go off-road.

I could probably take my Liberty more places than I do, but it's the "family" vehicle, so I'm more careful with it than I probably have to be.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:16 AM  

Marietta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthiker View Post
Live in Canton. I have a 95 YJ and the wife has a Liberty
Sweet! Know any places around Canton to go off-road? We used to own a sign business in downtown Jasper, but never had time to play when we owned that!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:09 PM  

Canton, GA
None around here, but plenty of FS roads in the mountains. Check out North Georgia Jeepers, they often ride up there. As soon as I get things settled in the new house, I'll be going with them some.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 PM  

Marietta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthiker View Post
None around here, but plenty of FS roads in the mountains. Check out North Georgia Jeepers, they often ride up there. As soon as I get things settled in the new house, I'll be going with them some.
Thanks!! I'll check them out, too. I just found out about another group that I want to check out as well.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 AM  

chatsworth, georgia
Also check out GATRialriders.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:01 AM  

Bakersfield, CA
I've had tons of 4x4s over the years. Before I left Dalton I had an old 4x4 Nissan truck. Had a big ole Dodge Power Wagon when I was in Nashville. I actually just got into Jeeps in the last 5-6 years. Had a Wrangler Sahara, three Wagoneers, and a couple of old Gladiator pickups. I got a Hummer recently but haven't taken it off-road yet.

When I was living in GA we used to just go play on the power lines a lot. Trips up to Tellico were always fun too. Anywhere there was mud always made for a good day. One of my favorite ways to spend a day was just riding up into the national forest starting at Redwine's Cover just south of Dalton. Nothing too extreme. Lots of river crossings and good scenery.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:10 PM  

Boston, MA
I only get to do some wheeling when I go home to Camden, we have only some muddy trails, which I had better trails...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads