Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2012, 07:53 AM  
Volunteer Firefighter

Moultrie, Georgia
Help for the Hannon family!

On Monday, June 19, 2012, at approximately 9:10 AM, Jason Hannon, a resident of the small community of Funston, Georgia, was involved in a single-vehicle crash on Ga. Highway 37 West in Colquitt County, Ga. while heading home. Jason was on his way to Moultrie, Ga. to meet a friend at the gym, when he called the friend and told him that he didn't feel well, then turned around to head back home. Shortly afterward, for an as-yet unknown reason, Jason lost conciousnes, left the roadway, sheared off a fire hydrant, returned to the roadway, travelled approximately another quarter mile, with the weight of his foot and leg holding the throttle to the floor, where he again left the roadway, this time striking a large pecan tree at a high rate of speed, estimated at over 80 MPH. Jason suffered life-threatening injuries in the crash, and was airlifted to SGMC in Macon, Ga. Jason's injuries include a shattered elbow, a compound break to a femur, a shattered ankle, broken facial bones, and internal injuries, including both lungs being torn. Jason has also contracted a Staph infection while in the hospital. Jason has already undergone several surgeries, and has several more to go. Naturally, Jason and his wife are both out of work right now, but the bills, unfortunately, don't stop. Due to this, myself, and a few of the Hannon's other friends, are working to try to raise some money to help the family out in their time of need. We are planning a Poker Run in the Colquitt County area, with both motorcycles and 4X4's welcome, for some time in the near future, details to be provided as they become available. There has also been an account set up at Ameris Bank for donations. Anyone wishing to donate can go to any Ameris Bank in Georgia (possibly outside of Georgia, as well, we have no conformation either way) and deposit funds into the Erick W. Kitchens Fund for the Hannon Family. Please consider helping out, and I will post updates as they become available. Thank you!

Old 06-26-2012, 08:58 PM  

Orlando, FL
Suggestions for helping the Hannons

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your friend, and commend you for trying to help out. I am sure this wreck and the resulting recovery will turn this family upside-down and create financial and other problems for some time to come. Despite the hardships, the important thing is that he survived and has friends and family to offer love and support.

I am not in a position to help financially at the moment, but thought I would add some suggestions to help you with your fund raising efforts.

I've copied a link to a local news story below so folks know this really happened (lots of scams on the web!). I couldn't find anything about the fund online (understandable being a small town). You might want to post more details such as a bank location/branch and bank contact that can answer questions or ensure funds are posted correctly. You might also contact the paper listed below and get some publicity from them, which will likely end up on the web where out of town people can look it up. The key is to make it as easy as possible for people to donate when they come across the story. Creating a Paypal address is also a great idea as that is a quick click for someone who wants to help.

http://moultrieobserver.com/local/x4...le-family-says edit, can't post links so google Moultrie Observer Benjamin Hannon to find the article.

I wish Mr. Hannon the best for a full recovery and hope these two cents can help you generate some dollars to help them along the way.

All the best,
Mike

Old 06-27-2012, 07:53 AM  
Volunteer Firefighter

Moultrie, Georgia
Mike, I well understand about not being able to donate; I can't do much financially myself right now. Thanks for the tips, and I'll certainly consider them.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!