Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 07:27 PM  

Acworth, GA
We bought a GA Backpacker Guide book a couple of years ago and it is very helpful. It helps up pick places that will fit our schedule for that weekend. It is nice to have a lay of the land and tips on parking before you drive out to a new place.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:10 AM  

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I'm down in Augusta and we don't have much backpacking around here but I love gettin out in the good ol out doors so I might have to make a trip up there!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:26 PM  

Ball Ground, GA
Love hitting the southern tip of the AT. We go to Amicalola often and hike the approach trail. Very nice. If you haven't seen Amicalola Falls, you're missing out.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 AM  

Kennesaw, Georgia
The Georgia section of the Appalachian Trail is a hard yet fun trail to hike. So far I've done most of the Georgia section as well as up into the N.C. and Tenn. area too. It's a well used trail that can have some good views along the way.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:02 AM  

Dix Hills, New York
I've beeb backpacking for years in the hills of Upstate New York. Great area, nice scenery, not too many bears! lol
Old 10-22-2010, 12:56 PM  

Livonia, Mi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
I've beeb backpacking for years in the hills of Upstate New York. Great area, nice scenery, not too many bears! lol
...I bet thats what the homeless people say too
Old 11-20-2010, 06:33 AM  

Alpharetta, GA
Jacks River Falls is a great place if to bring the kids. Nice trail, hike is not terribly long and the falls are great.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:38 PM  

Savannah, GA
One of my most memorable treks was to Panther Creek in north Ga. I need to do it again and see how it's changed over the last 30 years.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:12 AM  

Alpharetta, GA
Yes - Panther Creek is another good one.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:33 AM  

Cumming, Georgia
another good hike is right by Panther Creek. If you go past the Sandy Bottoms camp grounds for 4-5 miles you will see a primitive camp site on the left. It is pretty hard to miss, it cuts off to the left and has a good parking area. If you cross the river, there is an old logging trail that winds up the mountain. It's a good hike and you get some great views from the top.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!