Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2010, 09:55 AM  
Brew Master Nate

Anchorage, Alaska
New to Georgia

I'm in the military and will be moving to Georgia come the first of the year. We are getting stationed at Moody AFB in southern Georgia near Valdosta. I have a few questions for anyone who might want to help. Where is the best place to go eat, best place to drink, best thing to do with young children (ages 2 and 3) and the best place to get Home Brew equipment and ingredients?
Thank you everyone for your hlep.

lainatancontrolledchaos.blogspot.com

Old 12-15-2010, 11:18 AM  

Roswell, GA
I'm from Albany, just north of where you'll be stationed but I live in ATL now. If you're near valdosta you've got to go see Wild Animal Adventures Theme Park. I also just posted a link about a distillery that just opened last year. I went to school with one of the founder's sons. I've yet to try their products but they have gotten good reviews: Thirteenth Colony Distillery
As far as food goes, BBQ is good down here, but I don't know of any spots in your neck of the woods. Fishing and hunting are big down here too.
Good luck, welcome to the state, and most importantly thanks for all that you do for our country!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:40 PM  

Canton, GA
Can't help with any info, but just wanted to say "Thanks!"

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!