Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2010, 05:54 AM  
rub a dub dub

between your ears talking to ya, Georgia
Photographers unite

Help some of your peers out by giving good ideas where to find great scenery for photograpghy.

Be it wildlife, landmarks, scenery, whatever. Places that you've captured great moments to go shutter nuts.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:27 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
I've taken some cool shots around here at Kennesaw. Downtown Kennesaw has some neat ares and a lot of trains come through if you're into that. Also, Kennesaw mountain is nearby, and that had some good views of Atlanta from the top. You can actually see stone mountain on a clear day. Lake Lanier and the N. GA hills are other good spots.

Train at downtown Kennesaw

Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 PM  

Columbus, Georgia
Thats an awesome shot! I have gotten addicted to the HDR affect with some tone mapping. I love having open field shots with trees. Also cars are nice to take pics of!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:42 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Under the Alpharretta Hwy bridge in roswell along the river. That whole stretch is great early morning, slow shutter stuff.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:26 PM  

Georgia
I love the long exposure of the train. If you are in Kennesaw, here's a secret. On Thanksgiving and other federal holidays, you can usually drive your car right up to the top of Kennesaw Mountain without having to hike or take some park service tram.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 AM  
rub a dub dub

My dog Tazz this past weekend in Louisiana
Old 11-15-2010, 02:11 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
There are some industrial buildings and train tracks off of Howell Mill behind Figo that are good for shooting, but illegal and occasionally patrolled.

I have some beautiful night shots from the bridge on 16th street right after it rained. Puddles on the bridge reflect the skyscraper lights.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:07 AM  

Alpharetta, GA
There are some beautiful valleys in the Birmingham/Union Hill area. It is an equestrian area with plenty of good shots for horse lovers.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 PM  

Newnan, Georgia
I took a few pictures I'm really fond of at Crestlawn Cemetary in Atlanta, specifically this one:

I also like to periodically go to the Chattahoochee River crossing on 27, I took this picture there:
Old 11-30-2010, 04:55 PM  
rub a dub dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinj View Post
I took a few pictures I'm really fond of at Crestlawn Cemetary in Atlanta, specifically this one:

I also like to periodically go to the Chattahoochee River crossing on 27, I took this picture there:
Looks awesome, any HDR involved or is it straight camera work? Looks good.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia
Bookmark this Page!