Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2010, 12:16 PM  

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Artists

Hey Rapidians and visitors!
Just wanted to point out a couple of art-related things to those who may be looking. The Art Museum on Ottawa and Monroe Center is truly amazing--well worth checking out.
Kendall has free open-life drawing on Sundays at 12 noon, they don't charge anything but if you aren't a student you might consider tipping the model for their time.
Wealthy Theatre on Wealthy St. and Fuller shows sweet movies Tuesdays at 8pm for $5. Last one they played was The Big Lebowski--- it gets a bit rowdy sometimes-- have some fun.
These are just a few suggestions for the creative types! Please add your suggestions!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:55 PM  

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Don't forget the Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts- their gallery is open and free most days, and they often have cool events going on!

Old 12-23-2010, 08:14 AM  

What does the GRAM charge for admission?
Old 12-28-2010, 04:41 PM  

Anyone know how much the guy that made the big sculpture in the grand river won?
Old 12-28-2010, 04:41 PM  

I want to say it was a dragon but i cant remember.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:23 PM  

Grand Rapids, Michigan
(sorry for the poor re-write...this site deleted my original reply post after I clicked post reply but hadn't logged in yet. thanks guys!) Nessie, loch ness monster, big stupid ugly monster, $7000 prize, couldn't afford to move it from river for a while, eventually moved it to John Ball park, where it will sit forever looking ugly and taking up the natural beauty of the park. i hate it.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:24 PM  

Grand Rapids, Michigan
(also deleted this post earlier) Not sure how much GRAM charges anymore--I used to get free admission with Kendall ID. Tuesdays used to be free to public, don't know if it is anymore. Sorry
Old 01-05-2011, 08:38 PM  

Grand Rapids, MI
Yeah, I wasn't impressed with nessie. Cool idea, but I felt it was a lame execution.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:39 PM  

Grand Rapids, MI
Does anyone know how much it even cost to make that sculpture? Seems like it would cost more time and money than the prize is worth.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 PM  

Grand Rapids, MI
Didn't the Nessie sculpture partially capsize or something like that after it got moved to the John Ball Pond?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids
Bookmark this Page!