Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 06:47 AM  

Gladstone, MI
You know, I've been to Siciliano's before (it's just down the road from where my younger daughter lives), but I didn't care for it much. Maybe I was just overwhelmed; they have a LOT of stuff in there. I'll have to give it another try.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:22 AM  

Grand Rapids, MI
I would definitely give Siciliano's another try. They have a great beer selection and extremely helpful staff...not to mention a fantastic supply of home brew goods.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:17 AM  

grand haven, mi
Siciliano's is great homebrew supply and international beers, but if you want a local beer I have to reccomend Founder's. Love the Dirty Bastard! (heavy scotch ale)

Enjoy!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 PM  

Grand Rapids, Michigan
grand rapids brewing company isnt bad on 28th st. Beer is just ok but the food was good. I had a french toast sandwich lol
Old 12-27-2010, 08:06 AM  

If you're anywhere near the east side, Pauly's in Lowell has a great beer selection. Additionally, the wine and liquor selections are equally huge.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:58 AM  

Athens, GA
I had the pleasure of visiting Founders last year on my way through GR. It was great. I can't wait to go back.

My dream is to move to Michigan in the next 4-6 years. Seeing as how Michigan was the ONLY STATE to actually lose residents over the past decade, according to recent Census reports, I'm hoping housing will be cheap still. But four years is a long time from now.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:09 PM  

Marshall, Michigan
Founders, Hideout, Schmoz's, Vivant, Hopcat, BOB are the best sites. But for me, I will start at Founders everytime.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:14 PM  

Marshall, Michigan
Michigan is a great state for micros, because is you go the Michigan Beer Guide, you will find that micros are strewn all over the state. If you go to Ohio, all the best are in Cleveland. Cinci is a massive disappointment. Columbus have a couple, but not great. Indiana has most of their best along the Lake Michigan, like Three Floyds and Shoreline with a couple like Mad Anthony and Broad Ripple. Lafayette is pretty good too, then the rest don't really get my attention and I have been to several others. Illinois is mostly Chicago and even there it is sparse. Goose Island, Piece, Two Brothers, Flossmorr and a few other less notable ones. Michigan is great.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:15 PM  

Marshall, Michigan
But, I do need to admit, I am very fond of Dark Horse in Marshall. Very fond.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:34 PM  

I'm a founders fan myself. As others have said siciliano is a must stop anytime you are in town though.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.