Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2011, 09:05 PM  

Grand Rapids, MI
I will have to check out Siciliano. I have lived here since '92 and and am STILL finding things that I have missed. I am typically out at Founders and Hopcat, and sometimes Sazerac to see what they have up on their draft board.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 AM  

Grand Rapids, mi
Founders is listed in the top 5 brewerys in the US by Paste magazine.
Go there.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 AM  

Founders also has a great "feel". The employees seem to enjoy their jobs.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:12 PM  

Buffalo, NY
Founder's is definitely the place to go for beer on tap. They do sell beer to go for better prices than the stores. International beverage on the east side has a decent selection but the prices are a bit steep. World Market, it's on 28th street, has a small but respectable selection available in singles to six packs. Their singles prices are usually very very cheap. It's often cheaper to buy six singles of the same beer than a six pack. I know they have some beers from Bell's, Founder's, New Holland, Short's and maybe Arcadia.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:06 PM  

I agree with most of what's been posted before. Only exception is that I don't care for Schmoz (or however you spell that nonsense). But I'd like to give an extra shout-out to Brewery Vivant. If you haven't been there yet, make it a priority. They are a place to watch, in my opinion - both for their food and their beer.

International Beverages is also a great store. I'd say on par with Siciliano's for beer, and a lot closer to the city. Only thing is they don't have homebrew supplies....

Graydon's Crossing is a great place to get a pint and some hearty food. They don't have as many drafts as Hopcat, but they aren't far off, and they have a more relaxed, british vibe. They open a cask-conditioned ale every Thursday, and have Hopslam on draft at all times. Very good place.

I don't recommend the BOB. Haven't ever been impressed by it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads